16 & Pregnant: Exclusive Interview with Ashley!

by: on | in TV | 7 Comments

MTV

Tonight is the 90 minute season finale of 16 & Pregnant, and obviously MTV saved the most inspirational story for last. That’s not to say that Kayla, Christinna and Felicia‘s eppies weren’t good, but somehow we think that tonight’s episode, starring Ashley, is going to be the best of the season. Why?

THIS JUST IN: Teen Mom 2 Cast Revealed!

Because Ashley made the decision to give her baby, Callie, up for adoption, just like Catelynn Howell did on season 1. So what was it like behind the cameras? Ashley opens up on making that heart-wrenching decision, sex-ed, and why she doesn’t really want more kids.

Read on for our exclusive chat!

Who’s your favorite girl from past seasons of 16 & Pregnant?
I relate most to Catelynn. Although I feel that she is a much stronger person than I ever could be, she did what she thought was right for her child and so did I. She is my biggest inspiration.

When you found out you were pregnant, did you automatically consider adoption?
No. You will see in my show just how bad my thought process really is. The early stages of being pregnant is easy. Decision making was hard, but it wasn’t as hard as it could ultimately have been. My mind was just blank. I could barely take care of myself. I didn’t know how I could take care of another life. The first thing I thought about was abortion, and just told myself that is what I was going to do. That thought quickly left my head. Second, I remember deciding on adoption so I could give my baby the best life possible. The decisions after that are history.

What has being a mom taught you about teenage guys?
That’s a funny question. I believe that most guys are really immature at this age – 16 and 17. The guys I am around now, in college, are in their late teens and early twenties. I guess they are still really immature. I have to find a guy that is in the same mind state I am in, which is hard. The majority of guys haven’t had kids yet. Either way, having been pregnant has helped me to figure out exactly what I am looking for when I do decide I want a guy in my life.

You’re in college now, but was going to high school pregnant hard? Were people mean to you?
Well, I wasn’t showing when I left school my junior year. When I came back my senior year I was only four months along, still not really showing. I graduated a week later. There were whispers. It hurt sometimes, but I had more important things to worry about.

Speaking of school, do you believe in abstinence only sex education?
No. I believe schools should hand out condoms. Teenage pregnancy is on the rise, therefore that means that teenagers are having sex no matter what. Hand out the condoms and birth control. Let them be safe rather than sorry.

Aside from giving up your baby, what was the hardest part of being pregnant?
Not being able to act or think like a “kid” anymore. I had to go from being a teenager to thinking like an adult, to actually having to be an adult.

Do you have words of advice for teens who want to have kids right now?
Obviously, don’t do it! Wait. It doesn’t matter if you have a supportive family, boyfriend, are financially stable, all that. Yes, you will love your kid, but you will miss out on years that can never be given back. You might resent your boyfriend and child. Even if you don’t resent them, your child deserves two level headed adults. Wanting to be a teen parent isn’t very level headed.

Do you want to have more kids in the future?
It’s really complicated. Honestly, I’m not sure. But if I had to choose, as of right now, no. Callie is my one and only.

Will you watch Ashley’s episode? Do you think Ashley will become the new Catelynn? Who’s been your favorite girl so far? Share your thoughts below!

Get more from Teen.com! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and play our insanely addictive Games!

Tagged: , , , ,

Previous Post Best Moments of Gossip Girl Season 4
Top 10 Gossip Girl Moments of Season 4 (So Far)
Next Post MTV
Reason Number 4 We’re Excited for January: Jersey Shore

Comments

7 Responses to "16 & Pregnant: Exclusive Interview with Ashley!"

beth says:

hi bben watching your episode and i am angry that your mum was not more supportive and i know you think that it would cause too much trouble to go to court and get her back but you have your own apartment a job and a chance to have your daughter back if your mum had listened to you in the first place instead of forcing you to do something you really didnt want to do then none of this wouldn’t have happened so i totally blame your mum for how things turned out and i think its about time you proved them all wrong you can do this im a single mom and have been since before he was born yes it is had a times but its so rewarding to

kelsey hughes says:

he best

Anonymous says:

totally random, but where did you find a little hat for that adorable baby?!

OLOGY says:

This was one of the most touching episodes of 16 and Pregnant. I’m sure it was tough for Ashley in beginning to give up her baby girl, but I think it was for the best. Ashley is still very young and has much more growing up to do. Her aunt and uncle are capable of giving her child a better life.

Amy Weightman says:

you say ull miss out on years ull never get back .i have a 10 6 and 2 week old honey your missing out on far far more important years youll never get back with your daughter who is one day gonna be putting make up on like u dress like u talk like u because shes YOURS ….GRAB HER ,BUILD A LIFE ,PROVE TO UR SELF U CAN AND R “WHAT THE BEST DECISION FOR HER”as everyone confinced u .im sorry but i was 17 when i had my 10 yr old and now hes helping me more than i ever even imagned and loves me more than i thought was possible its a life altering thing “motherhood” but through the ups and downs and downs this rollercoaster is worth it please reconcider before they r to close to her to let her go

Amy Weightman says:

omi gosh honey,i dint know a new season was on !! i feel sososoo sorry for u u told ur mom OVER AND OVER AND OVER you wanted to keep her!!!!!!!!!!! u got pressured to give your sweet baby girl away.At first you didnt know how to change diapers and by the end you were changing,burping dressing,bathing..and even filling out for collage!!!I FEEL SO SORRY 4 U in my opion u need to tell your aunt how u truly feel about YOUR first born.and take ur daughter and MAKE it in life!!! right infront of everybody!!!

Jenna says:

I had gotten pregnant at age 15, and not with one, but TWINS!! I am now 24, and apparently didn’t learn too much about the teen years, because now, I am a mother of four!! The marriage at 16 with my twin’s dad didn’t work out, so when I grew up a little bit, I met another man who I thought I’d spend the rest of my life with (hence another son, and then daughter!), and shortly after my last was born, he left me. I am now married again, and my husband and I are working very hard to give these kids just a fourth of the life in which my parents offered. Either way, it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done, and still will be I’m sure, until my youngest is 18!! At 24, I’ve been in college a year now, and hoping to take care of my little ones much better than in years past. Ashley, I have watched and cried and got stuck on every season of teen mom, and Caitlyn touched me the most, until I saw your episode. You are so strong for doing what you did, and I saw how beautiful your little girl is, and know you will always be there for her no matter what. Even though it’s tough now, as she grows, you and she will grow closer and she will appreciate what you did for her. I, myself, couldn’t imagine being that strong to do what you did..I sometimes think about how my life would be now if I would’ve made different choices. One thing you do have on Caitlyn is your baby is in the arms of family, and that would definately ease my mind, knowing that if I need to see my daughter, I easily could! Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel..and even though the whole time during the episode I was yelling “don’t do it, you CAN do it”..I look at my 4 little ones and our lives at the moment, and know you have done something great for your daughter. I commend you, girl, and goodluck in life, and go out there and shine!!!