Neil Patrick Harris told us that Mary-Kate Olsen was “freaky” in Beastly, the modern-day Beauty and the Beast that hits theaters tomorrow, and he definitely wasn’t kidding. But we just saw the movies for ourselves and trust us when we tell you the flick is worth seeing for more reasons than just the freaky Olsen twin.
- Neil Patrick Harris
Read below for the 5 reasons you should see Beastly!
1. Alex Pettyfer is shirtless! In true Alex form, the opening scene of the flick features him and his bare (very sexy chest), plus they threw in a few other shirtless scenes scattered throughout the movie. No complaints here whatsoever.
2. Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious. He plays Kyle’s blind tutor, Will, but his one-liners are so funny we forgot we were watching the movie and not Barney on How I Met Your Mother.
3. The makeup is ridiculous. We loved Kendra (Mary-Kate Olsen)’s witchy hair and dark eye makeup, but what was super impressive was Alex’s makeup that made him look ugly — tattoos, scratches, pimples. But those 5 hours of sitting in a makeup chair every day totally paid off!
4. The music is amazing. Sure, the songs in the trailer (from Raney Shockne and Kristina & the Dolls) are good, but the really good tunes are in the movie itself, our fave being Death Cab for Cutie‘s “Transatlanticism.” Download it now! Or go see the movie now. Whichever.
5. It’s romantic. Sure, there were some cheesy moments, but it’s got a good message — beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Plus, V and Alex have amazing chemistry that made the love story believable and not at all forced. You’ll die of sappiness (and jealousy) when they read poetry to each other on the rooftop. We did.
So, are you going to see Beastly this weekend? Do you think Vanessa and Alex are cute together? Tell us in the comments!