Not since like, every Angelina Jolie movie ever have girls kicked this much tush in a movie — and we kind of love it. Obvs we’re talking about Sucker Punch, the flick (out today!) about 5 way-cooler-than-any-guy-ever girls who try to escape from an insane asylum in the 1950’s. Starring Emily Browning and co-starring Vanessa Hudgens, Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone and Jamie Chung, it’s a mix of action, emotion, and um, really cool costumes.
Click on for 5 reasons why you should see it this weekend!
1. The action scenes are amazing. Literally, the CGI in this movie puts even Avatar to shame.
2. The girls have got great guns and they know how to use ’em. Whether killing robots, shooting fire or slashing bad guys, Babydoll and her crew prove that girls are just as capable of fighting — if not more! — than any ol’ dude. So there.
3. The costumes are incredible. When the girls aren’t fighting, they’re basically, um, “dancers” for the guys running the asylum, and the outfits they wear while working are gorgeous. Corsets, tights, mini skirts — we wish this movie came out in October so we could dress up as them for Halloween.
4. The music is great. You can’t have good “dancing” without good music, right? From the very first scene where they play Emily Browning’s version of “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This),” the music really sets the mood for the rest of the action-packed flick.
5. It’s dark, but in a good way. We’ll be honest — some of the scenes were, like, really morbid. But the lighting and the special effects and everything made the movie feel that much more real, like we were actually there kicking butt with the rest of the girls.
Are you seeing Sucker Punch this weekend? Tell us in the comments!