We’re buying tissues in bulk right about now because Friday is going to be a very sad day. Ya know, the day that Harry Potter comes to an end?! It hurts us to say it, type it, think it, whatever. Harry, Hermione, and Ron have fought dragons, warded off trolls, became best friends with a giant, apparated, splinched, confunded and well, you get the idea. And while we’ll miss all of their crazy adventures, these are 5 things we’ll miss the MOST about HP…
Click on for our 5 and tell us if you agree!
1) Ron and Hermione’s constant bickering. It’s obvious Ron and Hermione have liked each other from the start. What gave it away? They were always arguing with each other! Everyone knows you pick on the person you have a crush on, right? That’s like, the rules of first grade now, people.
2) How mean Severus Snape was to everyone who wasn’t in Slytherin. As Hogwarts’ Potions master, Snape was determined to make Harry’s life unbearable. From purposely giving Harry bad grades to torturing him during Occlumency training, Snape gets the “Meanest Teacher of the Decade” award. In the end, we find out that Snape was just a little misunderstood and wasn’t out to get Harry after all, so we’ll kinda forgive him. Did we just give something away? Whoops.
3) The Weasley twins’ pranks. Born on April Fools Day, these jokesters got away with pretty much everything. They even quit school to create a joke shop, Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, and sold all kinds of candy and prank items. Our parents would never let us do that! Anyway, Fred and George made Dolores Umbridge’s
short rule at Hogwarts nearly impossible by setting off fireworks and putting poltergeist, Peeves, in charge of knocking over statues, setting fire to important papers, bursting out of blackboards, and interrupting every word she said. Sounds like fun.
4) Howlers. As humiliating as these were, we secretly always wanted to get one in school (or work). In case you didn’t know, Howlers are magical letters that come in red envelopes and basically scream whatever the message is…and then they blow up. So, imagine your mom sent you a Howler about how you didn’t clean your room and then it blew up? So perfect.
5) The ghosts of Hogwarts past. The Hogwarts’ ghosts have a certain advantage over the students and teachers at the school – they can pretty much do anything. Well, maybe not anything, but just go with it. Nearly Headless Nick, the Fat Friar, the Grey Lady, the Bloody Baron, and Moaning Myrtle are staples at the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. They add to the mystery of Hogwarts and provide comic relief whenever needed like coming through tables during dinner in the Great Hall and scaring Ron. LOL.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 hits theaters this Friday, July 15! What are you going to miss most about Harry Potter? Are you sad to see it end? Tell us what you think in the comments! The more tears the better, Potterheads!
And be sure to stay tuned to Teen.com all week for more fun stuff on Harry Potter!