Get Hungry for Some Pics of The Hunger Games Cast! (Exclusive First Look!)

by: on | in Movies | 186 Comments

Hunger Games Cast Pics, Rue from the Hunger Games, Played by Amandla Stenberg

Amandla Stenberg as Rue in The Hunger Games

So even though it feels like The Hunger Games is nine million years away (Okay, so more like happening in 2012), we’ve got something to hopefully wet your appetite. And no, that was not a pun for Katniss Everdeen’s insatiable hunger. It’s that SUPER EXCLUSIVE pic of Rue, AKA Katniss’s BFF during the games.

And we’re not the only peeps with exclusive THG pics. You can check out each of the following characters’ posters, including Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth‘s, at the below links:

Click to Enlarge

Katniss [Yahoo!], Peeta [MTV], Gale [Moviefone], Cato [MSN Movies], Haymitch [IGN], Effie [EW], Cinna [Fandango]

And yes, we’ve got even MORE pics of the cast (along with all their character info) for you to peep! (No spoilers below!)

INFdaily.com

Meet the star, Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen!

INFdaily.com

Willow Shields plays Prim, Katniss’ sister.

INFdaily.com

Hottie Liam Hemsworth plays Gale, one of Katniss’ love interest.

INFdaily.com

Josh Hutcherson is Peeta. In the books, Katniss & Peeta devise the ultimate plan to beat The Hunger Games.

INFdaily.com

The super gorg Elizabeth Banks play Effie Trinket. Let’s just say she and Katniss don’t necessarily get along.

INFdaily.com

There’s our girl Rue AKA Amandla Stenberg again. Dying over her RC cuteness!

IMDB.com

Jacqueline Emerson is a total newbie on the scene, but we totally get why she got casted as the character everyone loves to hate, Foxface.

Check out pics of each of the castmates in character below:

The Hunger Games

Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. Part twisted entertainment, part government intimidation tactic, the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains.

Photo: IMDB.com

The Hunger Games

Photo: IMDB.com

The Hunger Games

Photo: IMDB.com

The Hunger Games

Photo: IMDB.com

The Hunger Games

Photo: IMDB.com

Are you excited to see The Hunger Games? Do you think they cast the right people for the film? Have you read the books? Tell us everything you’re thinking about THG in the comments.

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

Previous Post Breaking Dawn
Bella Discovers She’s Prego! (Video)
Next Post Chucky
10 Halloween Movies That Will Make You Crap Your Pants

Comments

186 Responses to "Get Hungry for Some Pics of The Hunger Games Cast! (Exclusive First Look!)"

Lena says:

I have a love of movies. Some pelope call it sick but what can I say I love them. I have seen movies like The Dark Knight and I am legend between 9-11 times. If I was not in afghanistan rotting away on a hill somewhere I would have done the same for Avatar (was not able to see that in theatres till the extended one came out.) So you can bet that if the Hunger games is as good as the book and as good as I think it can be then I will be seeing it multiple times in the comeing weeks.

bella says:

Did u know that my friends cousins middle name is Everdeem (ik that there is a m not a n)

michelle says:

The Hunger Games is awesome and I just had to read it over and over again I can’t wait for the next movie you just cant take your eyes off the book. :)

krys says:

Just finished reading The Hunger Games, and immediately bought the next book because it was sooo amazing! There are certain movies that come out that are based on a book…or a series….and I can tell when the book is worth reading before I watch it. I have yet to watch thei Hunger Games, but that book will be hard to beat. I hope it is as good as the book! Anyways, the point is, there is no way the movie can show everything that was in the book, so until you read it you will never know what Katniss was really thinking or feeling. In the book you can tell that she is falling for Peeta but she doesn’t recognize those feelings right away because she is fighting for her life and she doesn’t realize that Peeta’s actions and words are not becuase he is trying to win the game….it is because that is how he truely feels. Can’t wait to finish the next book!

Jamie.Y&??????? says:

I dont know why so many of you hate Peeta! Sure some of you think Cato is better looking but I dont think thats even a little bit true. Whoever likes Gale more than Peeta you guys are crazy! LOL!!!! Gale may be pretty but actually Gale’s not even that good looking plus he’s getting married. So all of you should face the facts that Peeta is way BETTER!!!! And if any of you guys have even seen the movie I still thought it was sweet that Katniss kissed Peeta. So you should stop hating on Peeta!

We love you Rue! And ??????? loves Effie.

??????? says:

I like PEETA way more then Gale. Plus in real life Gale is getting married, so.
    And I agree, I loved Rue too, I hated it when she died.

kayleigh says:

yeah peeta understood katniss better i think!!

Shade' says:

no. not at all.

Ryan says:

That’s interesting, bsecuae I think it’s the best book to film adaptation I’ve seen. True to the spirit and narrative of the story. I would recommend seeing it again though. Now that you know what to expect your opinion might change. I’ve seen a few people remark on that. Actually even though I loved the film, the second viewing had a greater impact on me and I caught some details I missed the first time.I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it though.

COOLDOOD says:

RUE IS PRETTY I C MY SELF AS HER.NO ONE SHOULD SAY ANYTHING MEAN TO HER BC OF HER SKINTONE THIS S A FREE COUNTRY

Aimee says:

Cato is really hot and cool but i wish Cato was Peeta and Peeta was Cato. That way we see more of Cato (Alexander Ludwig)!

nicole says:

soooooooooooooooooooooooo sad! i cried my life out when rue died! it was so nice of katniss 2 put down flowers out 4 her……i hope they didnt contain TRACKER JACKERS! btw peeta, liza and i thing u should get a life! she only kissed u 2 give the panema people the juicy drama they wanted,u said so urself, 2!

Michelle says:

I love the the movie even thoe i havent seen it. And i also cried for like 2 days straight when rue died. but catniss was really sweet to rue when she died. and people whu hate rue because her skiintone SCREW U

sarah says:

Rue is soooo cute.I cried my life out when she died.I thought that Rue,Catniss,or Foxface should of won.I wanted Gale to go in the hunger games and win with Catniss.When Catniss kissed Peeta i was sooo mad.She should have kissed Gale or Cato.Those are the HOTTT guys.Catniss,you are the best singer ever.I wish i could meet the whole cast in person.That would be really cool.

Rubie says:

STOP TALKING S*** ABOUT AMANDLA (AKA) RUE IN THE BOOK IT SAY THAT SHE DARK SKIN SO SHUT UP PEOPLE I BET U HATERS ARE JUST JEALOUS OF HOW PRETTY AND TALENTED AMANDLA IS!Oh and if u agree with me reply to this and if u think im wrong still reply i wanna hear what u gotta say

Rachel says:

Yes, I agree. She looks flawless in the posters and is really beautiful

yemima says:

I totally agree rue is the best character she was even important in the 2nd book. The book said that she had a dark skin complexion any way. Amandla is beautiful and perfect for rue.

taylor says:

Amandla is, i think the best actress to play rue!!!
    I cried for so long and only for rue!!!!
    im not quite sure why everyone is hating on her
    for her skintone when in the AMAZING books
    they clearly say rue was dark skinned!!!

Lucy says:

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve learn this submit and if I may just I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

ashley says:

omg i just love rue .she is so adorable and beautiful. i love the movie .what katniss did for her was so touching and it made me cry when i saw the movie

police games says:

You could definitely see your expertise within the paintings you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart.

Guadalupe says:

Its just all a matter of all the litlte things that added up together, i am a person that pays great attention to detail when it comes to something i love. The hunger games series was so amazing and then the movie was a flop in comparison, there were just so many things her clothes in dist. 12 fit waaaay to well, they didnt build up to the relationship with rue, they forgot the sleep syrup, the bread from 11, the muttations (no human characteristics like in the book), peeta’s prosthetic leg, and of course the ending of Peeta never knowing the truth about things and those are just the big things i noticed, all my friend had about 30 other things that bothered them.Also, they didn’t really play up the relationship between katniss and gale and in the woods we never saw the boy and the redheaded girl and just so many things.Oh and of course, Katiniss didn’t have major damage to her ear so how is she going to be able to hear the forcefield in Catching Fire?Its just a bunch of things that they really didnt get right.

Vugar says:

Girl I’ve loved getting to spend so much time with u! And I agree, the books are more delteaid than the movie. Eric finished the first one in less than a day! Until the next one! xox

Julia says:

Rue is a beautiful young girl and i dont know why everyone is hating her. She will play the part to the fullest. I cant wait until the movie comes out. It will be amazing…. GALE IS SO HOT!