I watch a lot of TV, I always have. Some might say an abnormally excessive amount (FYI, I do not agree with those peeps!). The truth is, I can’t help myself, TV is chock full of good stuff, great stuff, in fact. I don’t know how anyone can resist!
Besides the comedy, drama and full throttle entertainment, TV provides us with pearls of pure wisdom each and every day. There are lessons everywhere; you just have to know where to look. Consider me your TV tour guide as I present 10 lessons I’ve learned from TV.
1. Elena Gilbert from The Vampire Diaries taught me to always turn the other cheek… in case your vampire boyfriend bites you and leaves a mark.
2. Rachel Berry from Glee taught me it’s okay to say “no” to sex as long as you sing about saying “yes” to sex.
3. Naomi Clark from 90210 taught me that money can’t buy you love, but that shouldn’t stop you from trying to buy it. It’s all about the effort after all.
4. Tessa Altman from Suburgatory taught me that shopping sprees aren’t fun for everyone. Sometimes low self-esteem and an excessive amount of pink can really dampen a girl’s spirits.
5. Serena van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl taught me that blondes really do have more fun. Yeah, that’s it, simple, I know. Serena always has the perfect ‘do no matter what time of day, temperature or turmoil!
6. Aria Montgomery from Pretty Little Liars taught me that dating a teacher is totally legit, as long as you first met him at a bar while underage drinking and not in a classroom. Duh!
7. Emma Becker from The Lying Game taught me that a kiss is not just a kiss, especially when you makeout with your evil twin sister’s hot secret boyfriend. Lips don’t lie, my friend.
8. Cassie Blake from The Secret Circle taught me that nothing is stronger than an independent-minded teenager, except maybe a group of independent-minded teenagers with witchy powers who have Mother Nature on speed dial.
9. Jess from New Girl taught me that catching your boyfriend cheating on you doesn’t have to break you. Dirty Dancing can make it all better. Seriously, a little DD, a pair of overalls and a box of tissues and you’ll be back to your old self in no time.
10. Lemon Breeland from Hart of Dixie taught me it doesn’t hurt to always have a little Southern hospitality. Well, it doesn’t physically hurt, but mentally is a whole other thing, especially when you totally hate someone. Bless her heart!
What juicy lessons have you learned from your favorite shows? Even better, who would you like to teach a lesson to? Tell me everything!