Our 8 Fave TV Scene-Stealers (like Ariana Grande and Darren Criss!)

by: on | in TV | 26 Comments

Every TV show starts off with a “star,” a main character the powers that be assume the audience is going to fall head over heels in love with, root for, despise, whatever manufactured emotion they desire. But sometimes the most unsuspecting character in the cast becomes the standout, stealing the stars’ thunder and making the most of their TV mojo with every line of dialogue.

The thief of our TV affections, this Scene-Stealer takes no prisoners. They make us laugh, cry and hope for a spinoff. Check out some of our faves:

Candice Accola on The Vampire Diaries
Caroline could have easily been a one-dimensional character — the mean-rich-cheerleader-girl — but not in Candice’s more-than-capable hands. I can’t imagine Mystic Falls without her… please don’t make me.

Ariana Grande on Victorious
People think it’s easy to play the ditzy girl and maybe that’s just because Ariana makes it look effortless. Honestly now, who wouldn’t want to be friends with Cat?

Wilson Bethel on Hart of Dixie
Shirt on or off, Wilson has my full attention when he’s on-screen. But just in case you were wondering, I prefer off.

Allie Grant on Suburgatory
She may not have the most lines on the show, but Allie sure makes the most out of what she has. Perfect. Comedic. Timing.

Darren Criss on Glee
From the moment he sang and danced his way into our hearts with “Teenage Dream”, Darren has been the Gleek to watch every week. We didn’t write the kid a birthday poem last week for nothin’…

Janel Parrish on Pretty Little Liars
Mona may be on the outside of our PLL foursome, but Janel is the center of every scene she’s in and she always leaves us wanting more.

Charisma Carpenter on The Lying Game
Maybe it’s just the Buffy fan in me talking, but I vote for much more Rebecca, or whatever her name is. More Charisma, please.

The Costume Designers from Gossip Girl
Yes, we all love Serena and totally root for Blair and Chuck, but don’t lie — most of you watch the show to see what everyone’s wearing. The bags, the shoes, the accessories. Total scene-stealers, guys!

Which star do you think steals the show? Anyone I forgot? Which TV stars deserve more credit? Tell me right here.

Check out the 10 Ugliest Crying Faces on TV!

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Previous Post promo-rihanna-chris-brown-grammy-battle_450x320
The Grammy’s Are On Tonight and Teen.com’s Got You Covered
Next Post Ian Somerhalder
5 TV Bad Boys That Would Actually Be Good Dates

Comments

26 Responses to "Our 8 Fave TV Scene-Stealers (like Ariana Grande and Darren Criss!)"

Silvana says:

I tried this yesterday with REX Strawberry Jelly and Vanilla ice cream! Turned out sperub and my daughter (2.5 years old) just loved it. Had to stop her from having more! Thanks for sharing this.

odrita says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE WILSON BETHEL!!!! His Wade is great, adorable, so Wilson too!

Rosie says:

I think Ian Summerhalder diserves more credit for his work for not only being the bad boy but for being the bad boy in love and having a heart no one but himself knew about till later on in the seasons

Zen_nitz says:

blaire and serena FTW <33333333

5. [...] Now Ariana is the purr-fect Cat, but her voice? Awesome. Her comedic timing? Rocking. As a scene-stealer, we just think Ariana could steal a few more! Should a spinoff be in the works? We vote [...]

6. [...] Now Ariana is the purr-fect Cat, but her voice? Awesome. Her comedic timing? Rocking. As a scene-stealer, we just think Ariana could steal a few more! Should a spinoff be in the works? We vote [...]

Anon says:

It really is so easy to play the ditsy girl. She doesn’t make it look effortless, it just is. I honestly don’t love her character. I think it can be funny to have that dumb girl, but she needs some more moments where she’s being real like in the earlier seasons. Think London Tipton – they gave her a lot of moments where she actually had real conversations. That’s what Cat Valentine needs in Victorious

unknown says:

cat and beck are a perfect match

Revoclub says:

Yay for atohner Winchester fan! You make the 4th straight male I know who watch Supernatural. *grin*If only the DL for the latest episode is up already. The hiatus has been painful.*frowny*I got durian runtuh this week as my cousin is spring cleaning her room and is getting rid of some of her book collection. So Ima benefit! Hee!

Achref says:

Ariana – WOW! April! All of the photos are asoweme! Thanks so much for your kind words and all of the hard work you put in! We really enjoyed you taking our photos and want to thank-you from the bottom of our hearts!<3, Ant & Ari

Mayuri Valdez says:

oh hell to the no brittany is the real scene stealer on glee. her funny quotes, dancing and singing are the best. In 10 years form know all i will remember is her

Mayuri Valdez says:

oh hell to the no Brittany is the real scene stealer on glee! with her dancing, singing and hilarious quotes everyone will remember her in 60 years

Chloe-Jade says:

Ariana is the best VICTORIOUS ALL THE WAY

Gina says:

I don’t think Candice Accola is a scene stealer. I love her, don’t get me wrong. But she plays my least favorite character on TVD.

Marina says:

seriously she imy favorite character on the show. best female character- so funny, sassy, brave, and just made of WIN.

gabiTVDlover says:

i actually agree with you… she’s not the correct choice on TVD, i would say kol, elijah, or rebakah;)

mouse says:

Caroline (C.Accola) – so true! She is the best!

sarah2 says:

i agree with the ones for the vampire diaries, victorious, and glee. but not the one for pretty little liars or the lying game. when i saw the one for pretty little liar i was like wtf? who is that? xD

Sarah says:

Charisma was pretty awesome (and a scene stealer) as Tegan on Greek too..

aliyahebrahim says:

blaie waldorf leighton meester all the way

LOL says:

Dyed….lol sorri.

LOL says:

I like Ariana Grande If She Died Her Hair Black I think She Would Look Like Courtney Cox.

Sam says:

i love the lying game one and the victorious one!