Justin Bieber‘s got a new girl, and her name is Carly Rae Jepsen. It’s not like that though, guys. JB and Selena Gomez are still going strong, and the couple absolutely adore Canadian singer Carly. Justin Tweeted, “Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen is possibly the catchiest song I’ve ever heard lol.” GF Selena soon replied with a picture of Justin saying, “This smile is because of Carly Rae Jepsen.. We have not stopped listening your song girl!” So what’s all the hype over Ms. Jepsen? Read below to find out!
1. Carly is a singer/songwriter from Mission, British Columbia, Canada, who is about to become a household name.
2. During the fifth season of Canadian Idol, Carly placed third, but she still ended up getting a record deal thanks to Fontana/Maple Music.
3. Carly’s second album Curiosity was released this Valentine’s Day. On that same day, Justin Bieber announced that Carly had been signed to Scooter Braun’s record label, Schoolboy Records. Take that, Canadian Idol!
4. Carly’s first single off Curiosity, “Call Me Maybe,” became the first song by a Canadian artist to reach the top of the digital chart since Justin Bieber himself! Now? It’s double platinum. Um, wow!
5. Carly is currently on tour with the uber-famous trio Hanson, and loves rocking out to “MMMBop” backstage. As do we.
6. She is the fourth Canadian artist to peak at #1 on the Billboard’s Canadian Hot 100.
7. Big Time Rush‘s Carlos Pena recently uploaded his own music video for “Call Me Maybe,” enlisting the help of Hollywood’s finest — Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale, Logan Henderson, Kendall Schmidt, Alfredo Flores and Moises Arias. It’s got over 5 million views already!
8. Carly gets her inspiration from things that have happened to her in her life. She owns over 60 unfinished diaries and sifts through them when she’s looking for a song idea!
What do you think about Carly? Think she’ll become really popular in America? Are you a fan because Bieber is? Tell us in the comments!