Have you ever had a searing, clawing, over-the-top crush on Rob, Justin, Zac, Liam or any other super sexy celeb? Then you’ve probably watched in fevered jealousy as they pose with their equally gorgeous girlfriend and thought “I know he’d fall in love with me if he could only just meet me!” Well darlings, you may just be right.
I don’t like to
lie brag, but I’ve dated a handful of celebs including several rock stars, pro athletes and more than one A-list actor. It’s not that I’m a 10 on the hotness scale or willing to throw myself at any guy with 100,000+ Twitter followers—it’s that I learned how to flirt with celebrities of all sorts.
And with these five tips, you can snag a famous fella of your own…
1. Meet Them in the Right Context. Asking for an autograph has never lead to a date. Why? It automatically puts you “below” your celebrity crush and boys want to date their equals, not their fans. Obviously it’s not easy to just bump into Kellan Lutz at Starbucks, but if there’s any way you can run into your favorite dude in a non-fan context, you’ll increase your flirting chances tenfold. But if you do, be sure to…
2. Act Like Their Equal. Um, because you are their equal, DUH! Just because a guy has legions of screeching Beliebers or ten thousand Tumblrs in their honor doesn’t mean he’s better than you are in any way. It just means he knows a few more people, that’s all. The only reason I snagged the boys I have is because I have always been a celebrity in my own mind, and that confidence comes through.
3. Don’t Gush Over Who They Are. But don’t act like you’ve never heard of them, either. Yeah, they won a VMA—and? They lifted the Stanley Cup—so? Guy like a modicum of ego stroking but always remember that you’re their peer, not their fan club president.
4. Ask About Something Other than Their Career. I first bonded with the love of my life, a bassist for a band, over X-Men. I have no idea what made me bring it up, but I did and to my delight, we were both huge geeks and ended up talking for hours. Everyone around them is forever asking about their career, whether it be music, baseball, or their latest role. Switch it up by starting a convo that plays to one of their other interests that reporters never seem to care about.
5. Like Him for Him. Celebrities might not be able to pump their own gas or carry their own groceries, but they can smell a user a mile away. Sure, it’s fun and wild to see a highly Google-able name pop up in your text, but that can’t be the only reason you like him. It’s basically the same as a boy going for you solely because of your looks. Maybe your Prince Charming will come riding down the red carpet, but if you ask me, it’s just as romantic if he’s the boy next door!
Would you ever want to date a famous boy? Which celeb is your dream boyfriend? I wanna know in the comments!