10 Best Hunger Games Cakes–From Edible Mockingjays and Arrows to Peeta Mellark!

by: on | in Movies | 22 Comments

Okay, we acknowledge the irony in writing about food in relation to a series called, um, The Hunger Games. But let’s also acknowledge Panem’s hottest icing-wielder! In District 12, cakes are a rare and expensive treat that people like Katniss could never fathom buying, but they’re surely worth the splurge when decorated by Peeta Mellark. In fact, just pretend these delish cakes were made by him. If you don’t tell, we won’t…

Peeta Camouflage Cake
If at first you were thinking “WTF?” in response to this cake, remember Peeta’s camouflage skills. He can’t shoot like Katniss or kill like some of the other tributes, but he is totally capable of blending into the arena.

Esplin

Sponsor Gifts Cake (er… Hanging Confectionery?)
Cake that hangs from the ceiling? Enough said. We may not need supplies as desperate as the tributes, but it’s still pretty cool to pretend they’re floating down from the sky.

Caplan Miller Events

Tell Us Your Team Cupcakes
For a bite-sized treat, try out these “girl on fire”/”boy with the bread” cupcakes and make your allegiance to Gale or Peeta crystal clear–the baker of these did!

This Gypsy Heart

Bloody Cake
Eating fake blood may feel a little creepy, but it’s in tune with the intense nature of the books. Check out the inclusion of President Snow’s signature rose for some total foreshadowing!

Fictional Food

The Hunger Games Cover Cake
It’s an obvious choice to rip inspiration directly from the cover of the first book, but we appreciate the addition of the nightlock berries. They look so realistic we’re (almost) too scared to eat them!

Cake on Fire
Flames made from sugar, a mockingjay pin made from fondant, and roses made from gumpaste. EPIC. And delicious.

Cake Central

Cornucopia Cake
Somehow, this cake manages to make tracker jackers look cute. We’re not complaining, we’re just glad we won’t be stung!

Esplin

Shot by an Arrow Cake
Obviously the queen of archery, Katniss Everdeen, would be able to perfectly puncture the stem of that rose. After all, this girl hit the apple in a pig’s mouth as she shot straight at the Gamemakers. She’s got great aim.

Blogspot

In the Arena Cake
Topped with Swiss meringue butter cream frosting and surrounded by Pirouline cookies, this version of the arena looks totally delish. Who cares if it’s supposed to be dangerous? We’ll eat our way through it.

Cake Central

Peeta and Katniss Together ‘Til the End Cake
This cake encapsulates Katniss and Peeta’s final moment in the arena, hands held and deadly nightlock berries at the ready. Let’s all say it together, “AWWW!!!”

Must Have Cute

Which Hunger Games cake is your favorite? Any suggestions for more awesome cakes? Which one would you most like to eat? Tell us in the comments!

Check Out the 10 Funniest Hunger Games Song Parodies

Tagged: ,

Previous Post The Hunger Games, Cinna Meets Katniss Clip
Hunger Games Sneak Peek: Katniss Meets Cinna!
Next Post Birthday Party Movie Scenes: Twilight, New Moon
The 6 Most Epic Birthday Parties in Movies

Comments

22 Responses to "10 Best Hunger Games Cakes–From Edible Mockingjays and Arrows to Peeta Mellark!"

Rita says:

Hey my cake is the on fire cake!

Midnightblue786 says:

EFF YEAH !!! I FREAKIN WANT THEM CAKES… (SORRY IM THG OBESSED)

makeover games for girls says:

Awesome posting!thanks for providing best fun on this site.I love to play makeover games and love games.would you like to provide some fun for girls on your splendid website.

Kallerd Freeman says:

I absolutely LOVE the bloody cake it’s so…….. idk

Karolina says:

omg the last one is totally my fav!

AshleyRamon says:

Hermione from Harry PotterWendy from Peter Pan they are age appropriate and easy to pull thoetger, you can update Wendy’s fashion to modern times too don’t forget about the glasses and the curls

Izzy says:

I have not read it! But I will as soon as it comes into my local library! And OMG! I can’t beleive it, I heard Katniss had to go in the arena again! I did read the Hunger games though! I am an EXTREMELY slow reader, but it was so exciting I read a book in one day FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! From when I got home from school to dinner! I’ve NEVER done that before! I convinced 5 of my friends to read them and I am still convincing! This is the MOST addicting book I have EVER read. And I am telling you, I am not one to get easily addicted to a book!

HungerGames says:

Omg the first one is so hilarious! i love it!

8. [...] Check Out the 10 Best Hunger Games Cakes! [...]

KKHavok says:

The book cover one seems to be absolutely covered in Fondant. I’m not sure I’d enjoy eating that one.

Belladonna says:

OMG. I was like to the last one, wow is that real? and then I was like oh wait a second… that’s a little creepy… then I realised what it sybolised and went, “awwwww”

Katness says:

OMG I luv the 8th cake !!!!!!!!! :)

Yuko says:

I think that Peeta is sincere in his love for Katniss, but I think he is trniyg to play down how he feels in fear that both Katniss and the people of the Capitol will see his love as a weakness. He is afraid to make himself vulnerable. He is trniyg to keep both Katniss and himself alive, and he knows that the only way to do this is to play to the Capitol’s interest. He is smart.My question is, do you think Katniss is sincere in her care for Peeta? Is she really in love with him, despite her reservations? After all, she was willing to risk her life for him several times.

Clement says:

SOOOO excited.i just ordeerd my copy. do not want to wait two weeks unfortunately, without meaning to, I came across a spoiler review and found out information i would much rather have waited for. im warning all you eager readers: BEWARE OF SPOILERS! they are not any fun and will ruin your read. Luckily for me what I read only revealed one major plot point . and a bunch of minor details.but still, be careful!

Ali says:

LOVE THESE CAKES!

hayley says:

those are so cool

Sam says:

i loved them all, but the cover of the book one was cool and the one with the holding hands was so cute!

Casey says:

omg the last one is cute<3

Katness says:

I dint now that was katness an peeta holding hand Im stupid .

Boo says:

“This cake encapsulates Katniss and Peeta’s final moment in the arena, hands held”

……. lolz

Eusebito says:

Good blog post, nice efforts. It ocdlun’t appear to have been penned any better. Reading this article piece of writing reminds me about my old boss! He usually kept babbling about this. I will email this post to him. Pretty confident he will probably have a high-quality read. Appreciate your posting!