8 Things You Didn’t Know About Demi Lovato

by: on | in Celebrities | 27 Comments

Z100

First off, can we just talk about Demi Lovato‘s Stay Strong special on MTV last week? ICYMI, it was a major tearjerker. She was just so real. So emotional. And totally exposed. Which is probably the main reason (other than the fact that we’re just stalkers obsessed) why we needed to see her when she stopped by the iHeartRadio live chat in NYC. (Thanks for the hookup, Z100!) Truth be told, it wasn’t at all like we expected. Unlike her mini-documentary, she was completely hilarious. Plus she let us in on all the rando facts that no one would think to ask during a formal interview.

So we thought we’d lay a few of those little tidbits out for you, starting with the juiciest of them all…

1. Her first love isn’t who you think.
“My first love, I was only 13. He wasn’t known and his name was Scott Hughes. I was so head over heels for him. He was on the varsity football team at the high school that I would have gone to.”

Pacific Coast News

2. She’s big on curse words.
“I [swear in front of my family] all the time. I try to teach my little sister bad words. She was 4 and I’m like, ‘say, bitch.’ She wouldn’t do it!… And I’m a role model, haha.”

Splash News

3. She can’t actually speak Spanish.
“I have my two songs in Spanish, but I don’t know what the hell I’m saying! I have to have someone who speaks fluent Spanish coach me on how to say every single word. I can fake it.”

Splash News

4. The #1 song you can catch her singing to herself isn’t one of her own.
“The National Anthem! When I’m in the shower, I used to practice the National Anthem. That’s my chance to [rehearse]… with all the acoustics in the shower.”

Just Jared Jr.

5. She likes to throw stuff when she’s bored.
“I’ve trashed dressing rooms just for the hell of it. I was a vegetarian for a year, and once there was all this sandwich deli meat in my dressing room. I got really bored, and I like to throw things when I’m bored. I was trying to catch the meat on the ceiling, so it’d get stuck. It was just fun.”

Z100

6. Her guilty pleasure TV shows aren’t exactly Teen.com friendly.
RuPaul’s Drag Race – my ultimate favorite. [Then] Real Housewives of Beverly Hills [and] Real Housewives of Atlanta. Maybe because I don’t have drama in my personal life.”

Bravo

7. Unlike Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez, Demi will not have her own scent.
“Nothing against people that already have fragrances. I [just don't like] that it’s expected. And I’m just not passionate about perfume, so right now it’s not in my interests.”

8. She gets tattoos. And then regrets them the next day.
“I think it’s a really good idea at the moment when I’m bored with my friends. I’m like, ‘Oh, let me get ‘faith’ on my arm.’ Then every time I finish getting a tattoo I’m like, ‘What did I just do?!’”

Instagram

Did you know any of these facts about Demi before now? Would you want D.Lo to make her own fragrance? And did you catch the Stay Strong special, too? Reveal anything Demi-related in the comments!

8 Music Collabs We’re Dying to See — Like Demi Lovato & Ariana Grande!

Tagged: ,

Previous Post Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus, Funny Faces, Kissing
Our Celeb Girl Crushes Have Girl Crushes, Too!
Next Post Kim Kardashian Blonde Wig
5 Celeb Feuds You Didn’t See Coming

Comments

27 Responses to "8 Things You Didn’t Know About Demi Lovato"

emma says:

i like how you sing and u should make fragance

Cris says:

Duh!! Demi is my favorite !! I don’t care what she want to do on her self!! That’s her life don’t judge her!! Haters!!

raven says:

i think shes just fine the way she is well i went through a faze were i was cutting myself to so shut your mouths because u dont know how it feels for people to be talking about u behind your back !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan says:

well I am very disapointed in her and she calls herself a christian, she ain’t no real christian she’s a hipocreat.

Demetria Lovato says:

Demi is beautiful, she is my idol. Idc what any of you have to say, I will ALWAYS love her. Everybody says bad things once in a while, you can’t go through your life without saying them. After all she’s been through you all hate on her. Sit down and get a better hobby, because Demi doesn’t care what you all think.

abbigale coke says:

oh god demi i love you so much but don`t put on a tattoo and then keep regretting about.

Nicole says:

Dont get tattoos when your bored!!! I thought about the tattoo I wanted for a whole year before getting it and one year later I dont regret it at all! Think about it itll be there forever! By the way I like your tattoos!

lilylovaticxx says:

her nickname is McDLOVE and she once stole her parents car at 13 to drive her friend somewhere. when demi was bullied in year 7 in school people had a hate wall of demi in the toilets. she was born in the paramed hospital. she was born at 2:34 on a tuesday… so many more lol

willy says:

that is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

10. [...] É só clicar no post do Teen.com e dar aquele up no inglês enquanto descobre mais sobre a vida de Demi Lovato! window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({appId: "114927428597992", status: true, cookie: true, [...]

11. [...] É só clicar no post do Teen.com e dar aquele up no inglês enquanto descobre mais sobre a vida de Demi Lovato! window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({appId: "114927428597992", status: true, cookie: true, [...]

12. [...] É só clicar no post do Teen.com e dar aquele up no inglês enquanto descobre mais sobre a vida de Demi Lovato! window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({appId: "114927428597992", status: true, cookie: true, [...]

raaach26 says:

her sister is now 10.. who cares if she said bitch, its nothing bad.

fun says:

It is really bad to curse heaps, especially to a 4 year old. She needs to just get over life and just except it. And just because she has overcome some issues i dont believe her to be a role model.

Lenna says:

Oh hell to the no! There are millions who think she is. Lol who are you to say she isn’t? You (i bet) don’t know anything about her, that’s why you say so. BYE

Anonymous says:

Who cares? She has had a lifetime full of struggles! She thought she was fat when she was three. Fuck you! She has saved my life like three times, so SHE IS A ROLE MODEL! Much more of one than you will ever be!

Holly says:

Paul…That is NOT a very nice comment and I suggest YOU leave HER alone before things get bad…she is my idol and has been ever since “As the bell rings” and don’t you listen when she talks about how she was bullied? Go somewhere…seriously!

gam says:

idc that she cusses (doesnt everyone?) but why is trying to get her 4 yr old sister to cuss too something admirable? i think thats so wrong.

paul says:

Demi Lovato has problems with the pressures of show business .. just pukes and cutting herself ..

Ashley says:

I Love You Demi Lovato. ( MUAH ) :)
    You Inspire Me Everyday.
    Oh And Dont Trip, I Cuss Alot Too.

Sam says:

i love learning fun facts about celebrities!

rosslynch says:

she cusses? i didn’t know she was a bad girl like that lol