Wah! One Direction DENIES the 1D Nickelodeon Show Rumors

by: on | in Entertainment News | 88 Comments

Splash News

We don’t understand. Last week, Nickelodeon tweeted this little gem (which, BTW, has since been deleted):

“The rumors are true, our live-action slate does include a development project for @onedirection. Welcome to the family!”

But according to One Direction members Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson, there’s no sign of a TV show anytime soon. Louis says,

“We are doing the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, but as far as a TV show goes we haven’t sat down and had that conversation. If it was up to me personally, I just want to focus on the music for now.”

Well… there go our dreams. But what gives? Do you think 1D’s just trying to throw us off? Or does Nickelodeon have something else lined up for the guys? We’re so confused! And would you be on board with a 1D TV show? Please weigh in!

Watch Our Exclusive Interview with One Direction!

Tagged: , , , ,

Previous Post Katy Perry's "Part of Me" Music Video
Katy Perry’s Off to War in Her New “Part of Me” Music Video
Next Post Breaking Dawn -- Part 2 Teaser Trailer
The Trailer For ‘Breaking Dawn – Part 2′ That Played Before ‘The Hunger Games’ Hits The Internets; Features Bloodthirsty Bella

Comments

88 Responses to "Wah! One Direction DENIES the 1D Nickelodeon Show Rumors"

Olivia says:

As much as ove 1D and their music I wouldn’t want them to have a t.v show they need to focus on making great music besides their is already a boy band on that channel, I mean helloooo did everyone just forget about Big Time Rush!

Summer says:

I think they should have thier own tv show i mean, they are famous all over the world and a lot of people would make a ton of money off of it but it should be kind of more of a reallity than scripted really, everyone wants to get to know them and if it was scripted it wud just screw up the whole thing. i agree with louis but also disagree. UGH people in this world have jacked up minds!

zinny says:

I’m pissed I was excited about One Direction having a show on Nickelodean!!! Now my hopes are totally ruined!!! :(((

Kiana says:

Ahem.

One Direction do not need their own Nickelodeon show. I completely agree with Louis and think that they should focus on their music. Look how far they’ve gotten. They were already majorly successful before any of this Nick stuff went down. Yes, they would get more publicity from having a show, but I don’t really think five 18-20 year olds who openly joke pervertedly need to get more 7 year old fans. If they WERE to get a tv show, let them have one on MTV! <that's a good idea.

I am of course a big directioner and love and support my boys in whatever they do.
    End of.

Owen says:

Okay, I think a One Direction show would be alright. I’d love to be able to see them on TV and watch them and stuff, but, I agree with Louis – they are MUSICIANS, not actors. It would be terrible if people mistook them as actors and didn’t bother to listen to their music. It also would suck if they said it was dumb like Big Time Rush (I don’t think BTR’s music is that bad) just because they were on Nickelodeon. Besides…

I love the band because they are REAL. They don’t have scripts, a “character”, etc – they have PERSONALITY. I would really dislike it if Nick made scripts for them and changed them. We would never know if our five boys were really meant what was on-screen or not… Like, for example, Big Time Rush is scripted. Kendall’s personality is made-up (I don’t know if he really is a hockey player in real life and acts like that). Kendall has a fake family. BTR probably are really good friends in real life, but it’s not known if they are best friends like 1D. I would also hate to see Nick scripting 1D’s relationships and stuff… Like making up friends and girlfriends. Maybe if Nick just had a video camera and let them do whatever they want… Lol.

The next problem is that One Direction is in their late teens. A show would be more ideal for TeenNick or something. They may not be the best for seven-year-old girls. Of course, they have younger fans too, but their jokes can be perverted sometimes! And I don’t think little girls and boys should be learning about smoking (Zayn), sex, etc.

I’d love a show with them, though, but I don’t know. As long as they let the boys be themselves and not made-up characters, I guess. <3

ilana says:

NO! If they guest star on like btr or icarly again or. …idk sponge bob but NOOOOOOO TV SHOW OF THERE OWN ALL THEY NEED IS EACHOTHER FANS AND MUSIC!!

Jaz says:

no no no no no.. I agree with alexis. I do NOT want them to get a show especially with nickelodeon. It would totally ruin them. Seriously, I love these guys, I don’t want to see them end up with a poorly scripted nick show, that would be devastating. It would make them appear so fake. They are way to good for scripts.1D is already extremely successful without a show, I don’t see the point of getting a show. PLEASE don’t get a show. They should definitely stay focused on music, because that is what everyone loves so much about them.

Jasmine says:

I would like a TV show but not on Nickeloeon!

Cassie says:

Yes, if they only guest star in a few shows like once a yearr but, NOOOO if they are getting their own show, that would just turn them into a cheesy kids band, WHICH THEY ARE NOT!!!! and we already know that they’re gonna guest star on iCarly tomorrow night… so ya…..

madison g/BIGGESTIDIRECTIONFAN says:

omg well they are on icarly but other than that i believe they should stick with music for a little bit more longer ya u go one direction!!!!!!!

chelle says:

NOOO!, I absolutley love big time rush but a one direction has always been real and funny and that real image made them big but a nickelodeon tv show would just turn them into another kid band and their not!! so they should just stick to their music like louis said!! but im not hating nickelodeon because i do think nickelodeon is genius!

Loveina says:

It would be awesome if 1D had their own show, I would totally watch!!!!!!!!!

Sarah says:

I would watch 1D the show it would be awesome !!!!!

Stephanie Styles says:

lol… NO!!! Maybe a movie about their life, but a tv show, just no! It would just add more to their tight schedule and they don’t need anything else to weigh them down. And if they joina tv show, people would be focusing more on their acting than their music, which I garantee they DON’T want to happen.

MRS STYLES & MRS TOMLINSON says:

NO! One Direction should NOT make a TV show! If they were going to they should make one in the UK as this is their home! We miss them like CRRAAZYY! Anyway they are doing so well with their singing, there’s no point in trying to make their fans in America bigger because they are soo massive WORLDWIDE!:) <3<3

Zayn says:

they’re probably just saying that. they’ll probably end up with a TV show and just preform all their music on the show. (like Big Time Rush) as much as their TV show would be cheesy it really benfits them because then a lot of kids would know about them

joe says:

one direction r so sexy and hot

Avery says:

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    this is the exact same reason i dont like big time rush or the jonas brothers.
    please stick to your music!!

Hannah says:

Please no!!!

van says:

NO! NO! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! They SO should not make them a show!

dominique reyes says:

NOOOOO I THINK ONE DIRECTION SHOULDNT HAVE THERE OWN SHOW LIKE I LOVE THEM SOOO MUCH AND I THINK IT WOULD RUIN THERE IMAGE IF THEY HAVE THEIR OWN TV SHOW.CAUSE THEN THEY WONT BE FOCUSED ON THEIR MUSIC AND I LOVE THEMMM SO MUCHHH!! LIKE LOUIS SAID JUST STICK TO YOUR GUY’S MUSIC PLEASEEE I DONT WANT TO SEE ONE DIRECTION RUINED CAUSE OF NICKELODEN!! I JUST LOVE THEM WITH THERE MUSIC MOREEE PLEASE STAY TO MUSIC!! LOVE YA GUYSS

SarahNeverBeenHere says:

It would be cool for them to have a show, but it always ends up being all cheesy and lame and stupid and ruin their image

Hannah says:

Yesss! I AM SO GLAD thats not true! Omg almost no1 likes Big Time Rush cuz of their stupid tv show and i don’t want that to happen to 1D!!!!! I LOVE YOU ONE DIRECTION!

Noemi says:

NoO!!
    okay so i love their music n all.
    but honestly, they should not have a show like big time rush. because the shows always end up being cheesy and lame…and it will mess up their “image”.

i would still watch it but only because i think they’re awsome.
    so please DO NOT MAKE A ONE DIRECTION TV SHOW!!!

alexis says:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(*breath*)oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    never if they sign with nick i will commit suicide it witll tots ruin one direction and if the do, some ignorant people might mistake them fortheir characters a nd they are much more than written scripts i tots 100% agree with Louis