When we heard that Glee was doing a whole ep around Saturday Night Feversongs, we had the same idea as Rachel — that’s for old people, guys! And then after actually watching the ep — we still believed that to be true. It just wasn’t the best episode. We’ll leave it at that. But oh, we’ll also have to dissect it, as per youge, and discuss the most unlikely things that happened. Don’tcha kinda agree?
1. Wade asks Kurt and Mercedes for advice for Regionals. But not just like, singing advice — the Glee Project winner, who plays a member of Vocal Adrenaline, asks them if he should perform in a dress and heels as his alter ego Unique because that’s how he feels most comfortable. So to their dismay, he dresses in full-out drag during the performance and totally kills it. Have you ever seen that happen at your high school? That’s what we thought.
2. Mr. Schuester encourages Santana, Mercedes and Finn to figure out what they want to do post High School. So he uses Saturday Night Feversongs to encourage them to follow their dreams or whatever. Then once they all figure it out (more on that later), he crowns them all winners of the disco dance-off and gives them all Sue Sylvester’s coveted white polyester suit as a prize. Now that’s A-plus teaching right there.
3. All the couples on the show have the same exact storyline. Well, except for Mike and Tina because clearly Ryan Murphy doesn’t care about them. But really, Rachel encourages Finn’s dream to become an actor, Brittany, um, attempts to help Santana become famous by putting out their sex tape and by applying for her to college for a cheerleading scholarship, and Sam puts a video of Mercedes performing on YouTube to help hergain recognition too. But really, who does all that in high school?! Don’t they have their own futures to worry about? Oh and also, why was Finn looking at college pamphlets in April of his senior year? Don’t most high school seniors know where they’re going to college by that point?
4. And let’s discuss that sex tape. Listen, we know Britt isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but anyone would realize that putting out a sex tape in high school (or making one in the first place) is not ok. Did Brittany really think that that was the way for Santana to gain notoriety? A for effort, but not even Britt, whose brain is apparently the “size of a toddler’s fist” is that dumb. Nobody.
5. But what about all the single people? Why did Artie and Quinn especially, who had such big roles on last week’s ep, barely exist in this one? We want to know how she’s handling the whole wheelchair thing! And what about Puck? And where the heck did Sugar go? What the heck.
Do you agree with what we think about the ep? Did you actually kinda like the whole disco thing?