The Key of Awesome Parodies One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful”

by: on | in Funny Videos | 78 Comments

So obvs we are huge fans of One Direction. We’ve loved Harry, Zayn, Louis, Niall and Liam ever since we first watched them perform together on X-Factor, and when they put out the music video for one of our all-time fave songs, “What Makes You Beautiful”, we were pretty much hooked for life! So when The Key of Awesome made fun of the boys via a parody “WMYB” cover… we were pretty torn between laughing and yelling at them for making fun of our boys!

In the mock music video, The Key of Awesome does a good job copying 1D’s vid, down to the beach set, hair, and outfits. Then they start singing and, well… we’re not huge fans of their new lyrics. Take a look…

There are a few funny lines, like when they make fun of the stuttering in the song, and when they argue of which one of them will be the Justin Timberlake of the group. But some are just offensive…

“Baby we make real bands go home and slit their wrists, we are the seventh sign of the apocalypse, we’re running now ’cause we don’t know what water is, you don’t know, oh oh, you don’t know we’re terrible,” they sing in the song’s chorus.

What do you think, directioners? Is this parody hilarious or just plain cruel? Are we overreacting that it’s kinda mean?

Vote “Directioners” in our Battle of the Teen.com Celebs!

Tagged:

Comments

78 Responses to "The Key of Awesome Parodies One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful”"

Julie says:

“Louis” pointing to “Harry” and calling HIM gay? Babe, you’re calling your fucking BOYFRIEND gay. Take it down a notch. Yeah, I said it. Larry Stylinson, bitches.

Julie says:

Funny when “Louis” says “Harry” will come out of the closet when they’re both in there. That’s right, I said it. Larry Stylinson, bitches. ;)

ashleigh says:

I HATE IT I like the parody but I hate that they are being mean to one direction they aren’t gay or shit like that so this is really offensive and real directioners wouldn’t like it plus this stupid shit is how stuff starts about the boys who in fact are #1 boy band in the world do awesome at singing and are beyond hot. SSo no I hate his parodies about one direction and should quiet.

Zadie The Vampire Queen says:

Hell yeah! I love that parody! Do you know how many grammatical and spelling errors I saw in these comments? My advice is:
    -stay in school
    -start listening to real music
    -and best of all…… LISTEN TO PRINCESS FRO-FRO!!!!!!!

Zadie the Vampire Queen says:

Hell yeah that parody rocks, and 1D sucks. You know how many grammatical errors I saw in these comments? Jeez, my advice is:
    -stay in school
    -listen to real music
    -and LISTEN TO PRINCESS FRO-FRO!!

missy walker says:

I luv 1D thay are so awsome but the perodys are so much better key of awsome! U r awsome! Live laugh love couse it’s your time

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxox love-little rock

Kenny says:

Pretty funny guys, one of my favorite parodies. But to tell you, I really hate the parody of Boy Friend By JUSTIN BIEBER. :( But this one is the best. :) Right???

DirectionerForever says:

I hate this. Really, there’s a difference between being funny and just plain stupid and annoying. I want to just smack them and boil their faces off.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -________-!!!!!!

Gabriel says:

My daughter (13) and I LLLLLOOOVVVEEEEEDDDDDD it!!!!!!!!. Jill and Kelly were so well pleayd!! Do you have more? We’ll look on youtube. The absolute best parody we’ve had the pleasure to watch. Thank you so much!

Marzia says:

They are just trying to make people laugh so calm the crap down. If you don’t like them then don’t watch these videos and keep your opinion to yourself! Geez

directioner101 says:

I know right like its so horrible and that’s mean not funny and they shouldn’t be cussing in the videos because little girl/boy directioners watch it. But still that is really mean and annoying cause one direction are beyond great

One Direction Parody says:

haha, I love these guys. I went looking for more good parodies of this song and found this really funny one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqBKUmOcUA

Rebecca says:

The fact is, it’s youtube, and if you leave a comemnt, that means that anyone can reply to it, whether you like what they have to say or not. This is not your channel, so it’s not your business’. If you don’t want to deal with replies, then don’t leave a comemnt. You can even remove old ones if you want.That’s all. I’m done. On with our lives.

dhea says:

OMG can’t stop laughing xD hahahahahahaha

Darcy says:

Ok rawr ok my cancer is acting up and i have a tumor up my …..

Shawn says:

kind of insulting… even though this is just a parody it kinda felt insulting in my opinion.

Rebecca says:

I’m pretty sure I’m in love with the guy who plays Niall in this video.
    And don’t get me wrong, I love one direction, but seriously this is just a parody. I know their Justin Bieber “Sleep On You” by heart although I have absolutely nothing against Justin Bieber. Let’s face it, this song is catchy. Both the original and the parody.