Attention all you Secret Life of the American Teenager fans! A new character is roaming the halls of Grant High. Her name is Kathy and she’s being played by Hollywood newcomer, Cierra Ramirez on the show’s 100th episode! But first? Cierra makes her big screen debut this weekend with Girl in Progress where she plays a good girl gone bad. Things you need to know about the movie: Eva Mendes plays her mom, Raini Rodriguez plays her best friend, and the movie really rocks. Learn more about this beauty below!
1. Cierra was born in Houston, TX but now she splits her time between Los Angeles and New York due to her acting jobs. Her acting resume includes The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, CSI: Miami, Zoey 101 and Desperate Housewives.
2. Cierra is gorg. Wanna know why? She has a Latin background just like these Teen.com faves!
3. Cierra is hard at work on an album! She said so herself on Twitter. So exciting because…
4. …she was an amazing singer as a kid. Check out this vid of her belting out “I Am Changing” on Showtime at the Apollo (her first TV appearance!) when she was 10-years-old. Now? She’s signed with Temper Music Group.
6. As we said, Secret Life isn’t Cierra’s only gig. Watch the trailer for Girl in Progress below and catch an exclusive clip from Teen.com here!
7. While on set, Eva dared Cierra to eat a whole packet of mayonnaise…and Cierra totally did it. She considers herself a dare devil, and we consider her crazy. Just kidding!
8. She’s still super close to her Girl in Progress buddy (and Austin & Ally star), Raini Rodriguez.
9. She played a character named Jasmine on Suite Life. She also bears a striking resemblance to Jasmine V. Coincidence?!
10. Cierra recorded a song called “You Don’t Know” for her upcoming film. Check out some of the backstage footage from the shoot! And listen to her now 17-year-old voice. Crazy good!