Emotions were high during the last night’s season finale of Glee. For real, if you went through the entire episode without crying, you
have no soul are a strong one. Though, we did kinda expect better ways to tie up the loose ends. Like, what was up with Mercedes’ and Mike’s send-offs? Major cop-outs if you ask us. Not to mention the lack of prime music choices like they had during Nationals. (We want more Celine Dion tunes!) But we’ll let that slide for now so we can talk about the most shocking (and unrealistic) events that occurred during “Goodbye”…
P.S. If you haven’t watched it yet, get ready for some major spoilers!
1. Brittany doesn’t graduate! Alright, so it’s pretty believable that Brittany didn’t get her diploma. What’s difficult to understand is that 1. Santana didn’t know Britt was flunking — with a 0.0 GPA, and 2. No one helped her out. They all gave Puck a helping hand.
2. Speaking of Puck, he aces his history exam. Well, he earned a C-, which was enough for him to pass the class and walk across the stage with his classmates. The kicker? Studying with his friends had no effect on him. Kissing Quinn apparently did.
3. Everyone just finds out where they’re going after McKinley. We’ve brought it up before, but we’ll say it again. Don’t most high school kids know what they’re going at this point? You don’t have to figure out your life’s plan in HS, but the deadline for a majority of colleges is May 1. Not post-graduation. Just pointing that out.
4. Kurt didn’t make it into NYADA. And Rachel did! Rachel clearly has more talent, but she choked in her audition and Kurt nailed it! What gives, Miss Tibideaux?
5. Finchel (kinda-sorta) breaks up! True, it’s rare for HS relationships to survive forever. The crazy part here is that Rachel was willing to ditch NYADA to stay with Finn in Lima for the next year until he got into his dream school in NYC. (Granted, he told her leave without him and she didn’t fight too hard to stay.) And we never thought Rachel would give up her selfish streak. Go figure…
What’d you think of the finale episode? Was it as emotional as you thought it would be? And what do you think’s going to happen to Finchel next season?