Who’s ready for a brand-spankin’-new show?! We are! From the network that’s brought us Secret Life, Jane by Design, and Pretty Little Liars, ABC Family is adding Bunheads to their awesome line-up. Bunheads centers around Vegas showgirl named Michelle (Sutton Foster) who moves to her husband’s small town after marrying him on a whim. She soon starts working at her mother-in-law’s dance school and meets four girls — Melanie, Ginny, Bettina “Boo”, and Sasha — who eat, sleep, and breathe ballet.
Want to know more about the talented cast of dancers? Read on!
1. All four girls are seasoned dancers and have tons of experience as actual bunheads.
2. Emma Dumont, who plays Melanie, grew up in Seattle and was involved in musical theater and dance. Also? She’s a model! Check out her Forever 21 ad:
3. Julia Goldani-Telles (Sasha) is a huge fan of Gilmore Girls!
4. When Kaitlyn Jenkins was younger, she was horrible at jazz and tap-dancing. But with tons of practice, KJ is now one of the best dancers in her group! She’s playing Bettina “Boo” Jordan in the show.
5. Bailey Buntain AKA Ginny found out she got the part on Bunheads when she was in public, but she went ahead and screamed her head off anyway. Little did those random bystanders know they were in the presence of a future star!
6. When Emma isn’t lacing up her ballet shoes, she’s donning a pair of roller skates! She competes in a roller derby under the nickname “Smack”.
7. Although Julia plays the role of a sharp-tongued ballet student, she says that her determination and her drive is what she shares with her character.
8. Kaitlyn and her cast-mate Emma both attended Orange County High School of the Arts in the Music and Theater Conservatory.
9. Bailey graduated from the American Musical and Drama Academy in New York in 2010!
10. Bunheads is the first big break into the acting world for the whole cast! Well, except for Sutton Foster. She’s a Hollywood veteran already.
Bunheads makes its debut on Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on ABC Family! Are you going to check out this new show? Are you a real-life ballerina?