We were so excited when we saw the official trailer for The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It looks so good! But who was that other (lucky!) dude that’s always hanging out with Emma Watson‘s character, Sam, and Logan Lerman‘s Charlie? His name is Ezra Miller, and while he may seem new to the spotlight, turns out he’s already been in a million movies with A-list actors.
Find out what instrument Ezra plays, what drastic change he had to make for a coveted movie role, and what he did as a second-grader that got him in trouble with his parents!
1. Ezra was born and raised in New Jersey. He dropped out of school at 16 to pursue acting.
2. Ezra is the drummer and singer for a New York-based band called Sons of an Illustrious Father. Their second full-length album (One Body) was recorded in a massive barn on a mountain in Vermont…during the winter. Brr! Here’s some footage from the sesh:
4. Ezra and Shailene Woodley recently received the Trophee Chopard Award for Best Young Actor and Actress during the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival in France. Besties!
5. He is a huge fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show. “I had this moment where I was like, ‘I might do Rocky Horror Picture Show forever. That might be it,’” Ezra told MTV.com
6. For his movie We Need to Talk About Kevin, Ezra lost twenty pounds in order to portray his malnourished, mass-murdering character, Kevin.
7. At 6-years-old, Ezra developed a serious crush on opera. He started singing with the Metropolitan Opera Children’s Chorus at age 9, but was kicked out when his voice started changing at 11. Awkward.
8. Clean drinking water is an important cause to Ezra. He is featured in this PSA for the My Body of Water campaign alongside Leighton Meester and Adrian Grenier.
10. The worst thing Ezra did as a kid? He stuck gum in someone’s hair in the second grade. He told the Dallas Voice, “I did it for no reason. It was one of those things where you’re holding chewing gum in your hand and see the hair and do it. I remember my parents were very horrified.”