We all know there are enough plot twists in Pretty Little Liars to incur serious whiplash, but certain stuff you’ll see no matter what craaazy shenanigans the Liars get into. Perhaps we’ll never find out who the “A” cult collective really is, but at least we can expect these things to happen every single week…
1. The Liars will have a secret meeting in a super-creepy location.
The moment any of these girls gets wind that a sketchy, badly-lit location exists in Rosewood, they’re all up in that shiz. Because, you know, why not meet in a place that looks like a serial killer’s playground? PLL logic FTW!
2. If they don’t have a secret meeting in a sketchy place, they’ll be taking a field trip there.
Basically, no matter what, they’re going some place creepy.
3. People will make suspicious glares. You will lose count of the number of times this happens.
Go on, try. We dare ya.
4. Aria will wear a leather jacket.
This means she’s the edgy and hardcore one, you guys!
5. The Liars will secretly talk about someone when said person is standing ten feet away.
Because nobody would ever be able to hear you at that incredible distance.
6. At least one character will stare intensely as the scene fades away and dramatic music plays.
The ability to give an intense Zoolander pout must be a casting requirement for this show.
7. Spencer will do something that reminds you of a middle-aged suburban mother.
Spenc will do one of these three things — have a serious reprimand, drive a soccer mom car or wear business casual kicks…
8. Emily will produce a constipated smile.
People don’t go to the restroom in Pretty Little Liars except to spy on Jenna and come up with conspiracy theories, but Em looks like she needs to make a run for the toilet at least once an episode.
9. Somebody will make an intense metaphor that nobody would EVER say in real life.
Emily on remembering her kidnapping: “It’s like trying to read a book and someone keeps ripping out the pages.” Come on, who talks like that when they’re not writing an English paper?
10. Toby takes his shirt off.
Okay, this is less of a regular thing and more of a regular wish, but let’s employ some positive thinking. If we say it’s true enough times, it’ll come true, right? Right?!?!
Have you also noticed that these things happen every week? What others do you expect on PLL?