Ever since Cher Lloyd made a cameo on The Click Clique, we’ve had her single “Want U Back” on blast. This ex X Factor star is yet another famous Brit who is making her talented self known over here in the States. She’s young, she’s got a killer voice, and her style is both unique and cool. It’s no wonder Simon Cowell snatched her up and signed her to his Sony Records subsidiary, SyCo Music. And it was just recently announced that Cher will be joining Hot Chelle Rae on their Australian Whatever World Tour 2012!
Find out more about what Cher’s most afraid of, her connection with One Direction, and how she’s becoming a success in the U.S.!
1. Cher is an 18-year-old singer and rapper from Malvern, Worcestershire, England who finished fourth on the seventh season of The X Factor — one place behind One Direction, who finished third.
2. Her second single, “With Ur Love,” off her debut album Sticks + Stones featured “Cooler Than Me” singer Mike Posner. The song has since become Cher’s second top ten single!
3. Cher has over 20 tattoos and counting. The musical note on her left hand was the first one she got… on her 16th birthday!
4. Like Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez, Cher is a huge fan of Nicki Minaj. Wouldn’t they make an awesome duet?!
5. The “ugh!” grunt you hear in Cher’s song “Want U Back” is the actual sound she made when she couldn’t hit a specific note in the recording booth. The producers thought it was cool, so they added it to the track!
6. Cher got engaged to her hairdresser boyfriend, Craig Monk, on her 18th birthday last year! Cher gushed to The Mirror, “I love Craig and he makes me happy. I know I am going to spend the rest of my life with him.” Congrats you two!
7. Cher has a fear of flying, so she’d rather drive places than take a plane. Too bad that’s not possible when she comes from the UK to the US, eh?
8. How did Cher land a record deal in the States? The head of Epic Records, L.A. Reid (maybe you’ve heard of him?), noticed her at an X Factor sound-check and told her she was a star.
9. Cher shaved the side of her head as an act of rebellion, but obviously still looked gorgeous. Go figure.
10. Cher’s fans have dubbed themselves the ‘brats’. “I guess it’s because I’ve always said I’m a bit of a brat,” she tells Seventeen.
Are you a fan of Cher Lloyd? What do you think of her song “Want U Back”?