10 Things to Know About Country Singer, Hunter Hayes!

by: on | in The New Star | 44 Comments

hunterhayes.com

We love Hunter Hayes, and you should, too. Let us tell you why, mmkay? Aside from the fact that he’s the most adorable thing on Earth, he’s pretty much the male version of Taylor Swift since he too has been performing since he was a toddler, he writes his own music using real-life experiences, and he’s on his way to achieving country music super-stardom. He’s already shared a stage with Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban and Ms. Swift, AND he’s nominated for two Teen Choice Awards this year — Choice Male Country Artist and Choice Country song for his first single, “Storm Warning”!

Find out who Hunter’s going on tour with this summer, which Nickelodeon star he recently sang with, and how he got his start in country music below!

1. Hunter Hayes grew up in a small town called Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. He used to perform for live audiences in Cajun restaurants there, and that was where he figured out that he wanted to make music for the rest of his life.

WENN

2. At 4-years-old, Hunter took the stage with Hank Williams, Jr. (a famous country singer-songwriter), sang a song called “Jambalaya”, and totally broke it down on his accordion. Warning: What you’re about to see breaks all kinds of cuteness barriers.

3. Aside from the accordion (a gift from his grandmother at the age of two), Hunter plays the guitar, bass guitar, drums, keyboards and more. The kicker? He taught himself everything.

WENN

4. Hunter played every instrument on his new album Hunter Hayes, performed his own background vocals, and produced it. #overachiever

hunterhayes.com

5. Hunter teamed up with Victoria Justice to cover “Almost Paradise” for the Footloose soundtrack. Take a listen to the duet here.

WENN

6. Itching to see Mr. Hayes live? He’s opening up for Carrie Underwood on the North American leg of her 2012 Blown Away Tour starting in August!

carrieunderwoodofficial.com

7. As of May, Hunter is the newest brand ambassador for C.F. Martin & Co.’s guitars. Hunter told American Songwriter, β€œIt is an absolute honor to be named an official Martin Ambassador and to be recognized by the Martin family.”

martinguitar.com

8. Hunter’s song “Wanted” (the second single off Hunter Hayes) just recently became certified gold for digital download sales! Congratulations, Hunter!

Twitter.com

9. Hunter has partnered with Con Agra Foods for the Child Hunger Ends Here Program and wrote a song called “Here’s Hope” specially for the campaign. What a softie.

10. When he was younger, Hunter had small roles in The Apostle and My Dog Skip where his accordion skills came in handy!

Are you a fan of Hunter? What is your favorite song on his album? Have you ever seen him live?

Check Out More Nominees for the 2012 Teen Choice Awards!

Tagged:

Previous Post r5-featured-image_450x320
10 Things to Know About Ross Lynch and His Band, R5!
Next Post Cimorelli
Everything You Need to Know About Teen Choice 2012 Nominated Band, Cimorelli

Comments

44 Responses to "10 Things to Know About Country Singer, Hunter Hayes!"

Pris Hayes says:

Nope, I haven’t seen him yet. I love Storyline, Invisble, A Thing About You, I Want Crazy, Wanted and Flashlight! Follow me @BYEFOURJCM

alyssa waganizer says:

i may be young but i love hunterhayes he is likebmy idol

Sobereen Mohamed says:

I AM JUST 13 BUT I AM IN LOVE WITH ALL YOUR SONG THE 1ST TIME I HEARD YOUR SONG IT WAS WANTED I WAS LIKE OMG I HAVE TO PLAY THAT SONG AGAIN N AGAIN N IS NOT JUST THAT I MEAN WHEN I LISTENING TO THE WORDS IT MEAN ALOT TO ME . BY THE WAY I AM FROM GUYANA I WILL ALWAY LUV U N THE SONG….. LOVE ME LOL

HH_is_perfection says:

I love Hunter Hayes! I don’t own anything of him and my friends says I’m not a true fan but I am I’m just not rich. I love him and his music and he is #1 idol.

Lauren says:

He is so cute love him

Dana says:

I love Hunter Hayes he is such a hottie and he plays over 50 instruments!!I wouldn’t call him an overachiever but extremely talented.

Tiffany Kellner says:

I love Hunter Hayes he is the cutest person ever. I am like your biggest fan if I saw you in a concert I think I would cry. Hunter your favorite color is green and red, you prefer waffles over pancakes any day of the week you were born in breaux bridge Louisiana. Which is amazing. You are my idol. I think that it is so cool that you are country!!

Hayniac forever says:

Hunter hayes I’m such a huge fan, I wen to your concert May 1, 2014 and I was balling my eyes out, i think you are such an inspiration to me, I’m bullied a lot and I feel so alone all the time, so when I listen to some of your songs such as “invisible” I feel like I’m more than what I feel like I feel wanted and I never feel invisible when I’m listening to that song. You are my life, I look up to you so much and I would like drop dead if I ever like met you and talked to you and hugged you…. I made a fan page for you to more or less a support group for you… It’s called Hunter Hayes @supporthayes, I only let people talk nicely about you, well I guess all I’m trying to really say is I love the person that you are and you are the world to me, and I don’t know what I would do without your inspirational songs :) see ya later… I hope <3

#1Hayniac says:

Bliss it is actually called a thing about you and I am hunters biggest hayniac in the world He likes waffles over pancakes his parents names are Lynette and Leo his favorite color is green he is half color blind his favorite instrument is the guitar and his second is the piano he was born in breaux bridge Louisiana he doesnt lift weights he gets his muscles from playing guitar his first song was 6 years old and he wrote it as a 6 year old him and victoria justice sang a song called almost paradise for the movie footloose his album storyline comes out in 18 days his favorite coffee is a vanilla latte and a vanilla frappe he was first produced at big machine records and is now at warner bros in nashville tennesse ask me questions

avianna faaugno says:

hey u are really cute and I love your music so much I am doing a project of u right bc I like u that much haha u are cute and really sweet. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):)

Sparky says:

I asked my friend if hunter hayes or austin mahone was better, when two said austin but one said hunter, i said that she was cool and the others were terrible, terrible souls lol.