Did you guess the right movie? Was it super easy? Way too hard? Which question gave it away? Tell us in the comments, then check out the answer key below!
1. The opening scene shows Haley pulling some sweet BMX moves on a construction site and sets up the plot for the rest of the movie.
2. Twilight star Kellan Lutz made his movie debut in Stick It as Haley’s hilarious boy BFF, Frank.
3. Fed up with the judges’ unfairness, rivals and competitors team up to rebel against the biased judges, even if it means getting disqualified from events.
4. Missy Peregrym, who plays main character Haley, is around 5’6, which might not seem too tall, is actually half a foot taller than most professional gymnasts.
5. “We Run This” by Missy Elliott is the lead off song on the Stick It soundtrack and is featured in the movie.
6. Former gymnasts Tim Dagget, Elfie Schlegal, Bart Connor and Olympic All-Around winners Carly Patterson and Nastia Liukin make appearances in the movie. With the 2012 London Olympics here, you can expect to see a lot more of them over the next few weeks.
7. Jeff Bridges, who plays gymnastics coach and gym owner Burt Vickerman, has six Oscar nominations (two for best actor and four for best supporting actor) and one win (best actor for Crazy Heart).
8. Just like Stick It, ABC Family’s Make It or Break It centers around competitive elite gymnasts. In season one, Kaylie’s mom had an affair with her daughter’s coach, ending her marriage – the same storyline as Haley’s mom in Stick It.
9. Vanessa Lengies, who plays the stuck-up Joanne, plays Sugar Motta on Glee. Side note: Vanessa totally has the best line of the movie when she says, “It’s not called gym-NICE-tics.”
10. In the movie, Mina’s flawless vault gets a super low score from the judges because her bra strap was poking out from her leotard. To protest, Haley and the rest of the girls purposely show their bra straps to the judges.