by: on | in Entertainment News | 91 Comments

Nickelodeon

When Nickelodeon announced that iCarly was canceled, we mourned for days. No more Carly and Sam? No more Freddie, Gibby or Spencer? It was pretty much decided that life couldn’t get any worse… or so we thought. In addition to cancelling iCarly, Nickelodeon just announced that it’s also canceling its Kids’ Choice-winning and Emmy-nominated show, Victorious.

It’s OK if you just released a dramatic, movie-like, “Nooooooo,” because we definitely did too.

In an official statement, the network said, “Nickelodeon will not be moving forward with production on a fourth season of Victorious following the final season that will premiere this fall. We are very proud of the show, its very talented cast, and our audience will continue to see many of them in upcoming new Nickelodeon projects.”

Bummer, right?

Earlier this month, Nick also announced that iCarly’s Jennette McCurdy and Victorious’ Ariana Grande would be getting their own show together called Sam & Cat, as would Noah Munck from Carly with a show called Gibby, but Victorious creator Dan Schneider, who created both shows and a boatload of other Nick shows, promises that the decision to cancel Victorious was strictly Nickelodeon’s, not his, and that it had nothing to do with the new spinoffs. He dished on his official blog, “It’s really important that you know this – the network’s decision about Victorious had nothing to do with Gibby or Sam & Cat. I promise. Even if there was no Gibby and no Sam & Cat – the network still would have ended Victorious after its 60-episode run.”

Even though the show has been canceled, fans can still expect to see a full LOL-worthy season three of Victorious, which introduced us to stars like Victoria Justice, Avan Jogia, Matt Bennett, Liz Gillies and Leon Thomas. The cast shot 15 episodes, which they can’t wait for you to see.

So what does the Victorious cast think of their show ending? Check out their tweets below.

Guess Which Victorious Star Topped Last Week’s Best Dressed List?

Tagged: ,

Previous Post E_Roger_Mitchell_catching_fire
‘Catching Fire’ Casting News: Maria Howell as Seeder and E. Roger Mitchell as Chaff
Next Post cashmere-cast-in-catching-fire
Stephanie Leigh Schlund Set to Play Cashmere in ‘The Hunger Games’ Sequel, ‘Catching Fire’

Comments

91 Responses to "Nickelodeon Announces That Victorious Will Be Cancelled After Season 3 Airs in Fall 2012"

Jimbo Slice says:

When you become too attatched to a show, you end up wanting to believe the characters are real people you meet. Real people you laughed with and cried with.
    To me, I didn’t think of the Victorious cast as just a show of fictional characters.
    After having to say goodbye so soon, it felt more like a friend who was moving away and not coming back. The memories should always be cherished. Good or bad.

victorious says:

I love victoria justice and arianna grande come on please be friends make the show again please we need you guys to forgivv and forget :(

Tom Sheldon says:

Now I’ll be honest, I enjoyed the show, but I lost interest in it after the first season. I mean I’m a little sad, but not as sad when Zoey 101 ended, or ICarly.

paula ojeda says:

ommmmg ! i still cant believe it i loooove victorious !!!! i wish they could put it back on & take off marvin marvin or that other one called fred ..

Chris says:

Victorious was best show ever

Don says:

Too bad. That was a really great show I can’t believe they cancelled it! Sam and Cat could never replace iCarly and Victorious!

Chloe says:

Hey guys, I am soooooo sad that icarly and mostly victorious are both ending!

C says:

So I’m 15 and I. Watch those shows Icarly was a great show and so was victorious I think they cancelled t way too soo I love watching zoey 101 and drake and josh they cancel all the good shows I hae actually called nickelodeon and wrote letters.and they said the ratings weren’t high enough in the us bullshit what about Canada

Xavier says:

Those shows were good but it would be fun to see the ICarly cast and Victorious cast to be on an episode of Sam and cat cause since Sam and cat play the same characters but I never heard of Gibby the tv show I wonder if it would be good hmm

ashley says:

Why did they have to end all of the good shows like thats so raven victorious icarly phil of the future drake and josh etc. they were soooooooo much better than These shows that they have now…. (* . *)

Beverly says:

The show that nick has on now are crappy except for sam and cat. Wendell and Vinny are crappy and marvin marvin. Why why why put this show on and why cancel victorious.

Trish says:

Thatis crap that they cancelled that show!!!!!!! I’m 17 years old n I watch that show I have a 2yr old son that looks forward to watching it he runs around screaming tori he loves that show!!!!!! U guys are curle to take shows off the air that little kids love!

Hello, I don't care! says:

U were pregnant at 15?! Wow! I’m NOT judging you. I support you and am glad that you are able to provide for this child. Congratulations!

ShempMan says:

You let your 2 year old son watch a bunch of stupid ignorant teenagers treat each other like crap?

genesis says:

Please just bring back Victorious it was a great show and cast

Sickelodeon says:

All of these shows are just above average crappy to me, but I did find the characters of Sam and Cat funny more often than not. Sam and Cat’s characters, provided that they remain the same, should actually be quite entertaining so I will give it a shot. The character known as Carly was just way to annoying, never seemed to grow up, and everything about her said spoilled brat. Not much different than her true life persona most likely. Maybe if she never opened her mouth to sing things would have turned out better for her, but thats definately a lot to say for sure.

Makes Me Sickelodeon says: