Big Time Rush‘s Kendall Schmidt is an insanely talented dude. But did you know he has an older brother, Kenneth Schmidt, who is also making some success of his own? It’s true! K1 (as his mom calls him) has just released his debut single “Micro Macro” on iTunes (get it here!). Not only is it super catchy, but it sends a good message about the world around us. Take a listen to a snippet of Kenneth’s song below and tell us what you think about it. Kendall recorded the background vocals on it!
Also, find out how he (and his bros!) got started in the biz, what he’s studying in school and what kind of pranks he used to pull with Kendall as his sidekick:
1. Aside from Kendall, Kenneth has another brother, Kevin. His parents names? Kent and Kathy. We sense a Kardashian name-theme going on here.
2. He got his first guitar as a gift from his grandmother when he was 16 years old.
3. Kenneth recorded a song called “Sitting and Waiting” for The Alyson Stoner Project. Samantha Droke (Carlos Pena’s ex!) makes an appearance as well.
5. Their trips to NYC and LA were a success because Kevin scored roles in Cheaper by the Dozen and Princess Protection Program, Kendall was in Gilmore Girls and the ever-popular Big Time Rush, and Kenneth got to be on episodes of Lizzie McGuire, Drake & Josh and 7th Heaven. Thanks, Mom!
6. Kenneth is a huge supporter of little bro Kendall and Big Time Rush. Here he is with Kevin singing along to “Big Night!”
8. Kenneth speaks Mandarin Chinese and studied at the National Chengchi University in Taipei, Taiwan and the Beijing Language and Culture University in Beijing, China. We’re impressed!
9. He graduated with honors from UCLA and is currently pursuing an advanced degree at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago.
10. Although Kenneth and his bros are busy with their careers, it’s definitely not all work & no play. Kenneth tells Cambio, “One of our favorite pranks to do was one in which I would pull a suitcase on the sidewalk and Kendall would be inside the suitcase. Then, as we would pass someone on the sidewalk, I would cough and Kendall would jump out of the suitcase and run down the sidewalk. I would then run after him yelling at him to get back in the suitcase. The look on peoples’ faces was hilarious.”