We know you’ve been wondering all about that new blonde babe Zac Efron has been palling around with recently, so we decided to do some digging. Remember Maika Monroe? Janet interviewed her on The Click Clique‘s first season back in December, and if we could trade lives with anyone right now, it would be her. To refresh your memory, Maika is an 18-year-old Santa Monica native who is playing Cadence Farrow in Zac’s upcoming flick At Any Price. Cadence is ZEfron’s character, Dean Whipple’s, girlfriend, so we’re sure there will be plenty of smooching between those two.
Find out what sport Maika competes professionally in, what she wanted to be when she grew up (hint: not an actress!) and who she’ll be sharing the big screen with next:
1. Maika also goes by the name Maika Buckley.
2. She just finished filming a movie called The Bling Ring alongside Emma Watson, Kirsten Dunst and Halston Sage! It’s rumored to be hitting theaters in 2013.
3. Maika is a professional kiteboarder (or kite surfer) and actually moved to the Dominican Republic’s north coast of Cabarete to train full-time while completing her senior year of high school online. Watch her shred some waves below:
4. She is involved with a charity called Kiteboarding 4 Kids to benefit underprivileged kids in the DR. “When I was living in the Dominican Republic, the local kids became a part of my family. They were always there on the beach to help me when I was training. Once I learned about KB4K, I knew I had found the perfect organization to combine my passions for kiteboarding and children – and to make a difference on a whole new level,” Maika told prweb.com.
5. Maika has starred in commercials for Pizza Hut, Nintendo Wii and Purina dog food! Check out the cute outtakes from this Purina commercial with fellow actress Madison Leisle:
6. Five things Maika can’t leave home without are ChapStick, sunscreen, waterproof mascara, her iPod and a bathing suit. Such a beach babe!
7. Maika loves fashion and created the summer 2012 women’s clothing line for a company called Airbound Apparel. The line included t-shirts and tank tops!
8. When Maika was younger, she wanted to be a veterinarian.
9. Aside from acting, kiteboarding and philanthropy work, Maika is also a model, which is duh because she’s gorgeous.
10. Maika said it was a dream come true to work with Zac Efron. “I remember when I was younger I was always watching High School Musical and seeing him on magazines and to actually be in a movie with him and be his girlfriend is insane!” she told Gurl.com