The 6 Most Creative ‘Hunger Games’-Inspired Costumes

by: on | in Movies | 14 Comments

It’s the year of The Hunger Games and Katniss Everdeen is going to be the major costume this Halloween. The trick to becoming Katniss is easy; your costume just has to be way better than everyone else’s. We found some of our favorite Hunger Games outfits from around the web, so that you can start prepping your costume.

The Girl on Fire
One way to get creative with your Katniss costume is to dress in her infamous interview dress that bursts into flames when she spins. This girl made her dress out of colored feathers and what we can only assume is a wedding dress!

The Entire Cast
Want a way to show up everyone else who’s going solo as Katniss? Get your entire group of friends to dress like all the main players in the game from Effie to Haymitch all the way to the style team and the tributes. We love the group dedication here!

Effie Trinket
We honestly think the most fun you could have with Hunger Games costumes is dressing up as Effie Trinket. After all, her clothes and makeup are by far the most fun and costume-like compared to the rest of the cast.

The Couple Costume
If you and your boyfriend are heading out together this Halloween and want to be adorable and matching, then go with the Katniss and Peeta combo. They are obviously the cutest couple of the year and you can totally reenact the romantic cave scene. :wink wink:

The Reaping Costume
What better way to set yourself a part then to go as Katniss, pre-tribute? You still get to wear your braid and a cute dress! Plus, all you have to do is go out and find yourself a Gale that night.

Katniss Everdeen
There are some things you need to remember when being Katniss Everdeen: the braid, the Mockingjay pin and the bow are ALL necessities when becoming the iconic character. Plus, you get to throw some fake blood around your face.

This post was brought to you by the nice people at Coca-Cola. We hope it made your day a little funnier. Be sure to share it with your friends and check out the Ahh-Giver app on Facebook to send your friends a funny message and a Coke.

The Peeta Mellark Doll: Cute or Creepy? Vote!

Tagged: , , ,

Previous Post Catching-Fire-Hunger-Games-Lenny-Kravitz-Cinna-ALH-100312
Lenny Kravitz Tweets ‘Catching Fire’ Sneak Peek, Plus Possible ‘Mockingjay’ Writer Tapped
Next Post Breaking-Dawn-Part-2-Premiere-Rome-ALH-100812
‘Breaking Dawn — Part 2′ Will Have World Premiere at Rome Film Festival!

Comments

14 Responses to "The 6 Most Creative ‘Hunger Games’-Inspired Costumes"

katniss says:

I can’t wait to use these on HallOween soon! Great job!

2. […] 4. Hunger Games Group Costume Ideas via Teen.com […]

3. […]  9. Hunger Games from Teen.com […]

Joanna M. says:

These costumes are good the girl on fire costume definatly stands out im not blown away though. My grandmother is a professional hair stylist and costume desighner and my friends asked for her to recreate Katniss’s Red Interview dress and Yellow Victor Dress. Its a good idea but it is a long prosess to create a costume professionally first you have to have a Pattern to go off of then the exact material its harder than it looks so i respect these people above. Looks like my friends will be Katniss for prom my grandma will have there whole outfit (handmade dress and shoes) and then do there makeup and exact hair styles…Lucky. Afterward they will give them to me and i will put them up for sale!!!

anna says:

Effie looks creepy.

Adri says:

My friend and I are going as Katniss and Rue. She will have her full arena outfit and throw flowers at me, and I wlil be completed by the spear through my chest. Insensitive? Maybe. Hilarious and awesome? Definite.

Jai says:

I just finished the Hunger Games triogly, and may I just say how utterly amazing this is? Truly gorgeous, the flavor combinations sound incredible and it fits so, so well with the theme! I can just imagine Effie lighting this for Katniss, and Katniss devouring it, all the while plotting how to use this flaming dessert to her advantage in the arena. Well done!

Briggita says:

Thank you, Seymour! I remember going to an ice cream store claled Cabot’s when I was a kid with my grandfather and seeing a baked Alaska in the frozen cake case and asking what it was he told me a similar story. If Linda makes one tell her to put it in the oven instead of lighting it on fire, it’s not as much of a spectacle but it’s still delicious!

Taquinqua says:

Being Katness is not very origanal but the idea of “The Girl On Fire” Is great!

Recurve says:

omg these are cool ideas! There’s more I found for making Effie’s make up and getting kewl wigs. http://hungergamesarchery.com/katniss-effie-peeta-wigs-and-costumes/

shalyn says:

they look awsome in coustomes

orville says:

katniss everdeen looks so cute in her costume.