The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 is almost upon us, and we want to make sure you guys are completely prepared. Remember the Cullen family’s cousin Kate Denali? She made her appearance in Breaking Dawn — Part 1, but she has an even bigger role in Part 2! She’s played by Casey LaBow, who is no stranger to the acting world. She was in the 2010 film Skateland alongside Ashley Greene, and you can catch her in Plush with Cam Gigandet and Xavier Samuel due out in 2013!
Find out what Casey’s Breaking Dawn audition process was like, who she’s dated in the past (HINT: one of our biggest crushes ever) and what she’s doing post-Twilight Saga!
1. Originally from New York City, Casey LaBow’s father used to take her to Broadway shows (Annie is her fave!) when she was little. That’s what begun her love for acting!
2. One of her first auditions was for a Dutch insurance company.
3. She auditioned five different times before being cast as Kate Denali in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn.
4. Casey is super good friends with The Campaign actress Katherine LaNasa. They even have similar last names!
5. She’s a big fan of Florence and The Machine.
6. Casey helped volunteer with the St. Bernard Project in Baton Rouge alongside Kellan Lutz. “We helped to rebuild a home of a woman that had been flooded during Hurricane Katrina. It was really moving,” she shared with breakingdawnmovie.org.
7. It was rumored that Casey briefly dated Ryan Gosling back in 2010. Rumor or not, she’s one lucky gal!
8. After high school, she spent some time at FIDM — Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising — but realized it wasn’t what she had set her heart on.
9. When Casey catches the clock at 11:11 everyday, she makes a wish!