by: on | in Celebrities | 27 Comments

@teengrams on Instagram

We had a hunch Dianna Agron would like one of our Teen.com kitten stickers and we were right. “Don’t like it,” she said while choosing her Instagram filter. “Love it.”

We had a chance to talk with the newly-minted Nintendo ambassador on a rare rainy day in Los Angeles last week to talk about Nintendo’s Play As You Are campaign work with their games, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone. Dianna is an avid photographer since high school and created the artistic site You, Me and Charlie so her interest, particularly in the latter of those two games, makes perfect sense.

Read on for her thoughts on the recent presidential election, her experience working on the upcoming Malavita, why she came under attack recently from girl gamers, oh yeah, and her return to Glee as the one and only Miss Quinn Fabray.

What were you doing on election night recently? I was watching with bated breath. I’m so happy. To see a man who is so dedicated to our country… being in Europe — I was there for three months filming Malavita — and every time I go to Europe, I’ve noticed that people are really interested in our politics and our infrastructure and know so much about everything and whereas, if you ask any of us who is the president or what is the model of their government, not many would know. And the world really does look up to us in so many ways so to see a man who can stand in front of everybody and really move forward, I’m excited to see what happens.”

Dianna Agron Barack Obama

@DiannaAgron on Twitter

How was the experience filming Malavita with Robert De Niro and Michelle Pheiffer? “It was amazing. I knew it was probably going to be Robert [when I signed on], but nothing was 100% set in stone yet. I knew it was probably going to be Michelle and that was exciting, but just to meet Luc Besson, he’s such a hero of mine and I love his films. I walked away with just the most incredible experience. I’m very lucky.”

Did you bring your dog with you while filming Malavita? “No, I couldn’t bring Arthur. I was in Italy first for the film festival and just with immigration to Italy and then straight to set… he wouldn’t have been able to. But I have the most amazing dog sitter in world and she’s like mommy #2 to Arthur and he has all his friends over there and I get picture updates like, ‘This is Arthur in the pond,’ and ‘This is Arthur with his new friend.’ And I came back twice, once was for two days and once was for a week so I got to see him then, but it was incredibly hard. He’s three years old and it was the longest I’ve ever been away from him.”

Dianna Agron Arthur French Bulldog

@DiannaAgron on Twitter

Tell us about Quinn’s return to Lima. “She comes back for the Thanksgiving episode, it’s all the graduates coming back to say hi to everybody, to each other, and to bond and reconnect and also bond with the new class, with the new kids and be their mentors and help them set up their place in the school and their place in the glee club. It’s a fun episode. There’s some emotional moments. There’s a slap. There’s a couple of slaps actually. I’m so happy I got to sing again — it’s a moment that’s very reminiscent to some moments in season 1. It’s good to bring it all back.”

And what has Quinn been up to at Yale? “Oh she gives a full kind of diatribe of her life at Yale which is very fun and very, oh, I don’t know, not your typical college experience in some ways and in other ways, very typical. I don’t know, I didn’t go to college so I can only pull form my friends experience and stories, but yeah, it gets crazy at college.”

What is Quinn studying? “Studying isn’t the majority of her speech. It’s more about her extra-curricular activities and who she is rubbing elbows with. She feels very mature and sophisticated in this place but it’s very comical to hear it out loud for the character.”

Will Quinn be popping up in future episodes too? “Oh yeah, of course. It’s not just going to be a one episode thing… for now.”

Dianna Agron

Nintendo

On her new project with Nintendo: “What really drew me to it is that I used to play Nintendo with my brother and this was an opportunity to learn more about the brand now.”

On the game Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone: “I’m always looking for anything¬†artistically¬†inclined. I realized that [the game is] a lot of the same things you learn in art classes like layering techniques.”

What was it like shooting a commercial with your brother? “We have this really friendly competitive nature between the two of us, because it’s just the two of us.”

What about those who criticized your ad for Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (there were comments that her brother solving the puzzle was insulting to girl gamers)? Right. To anybody who would say that, I’d say, ‘Aren’t you supposed to be able to have fun and play with your brother?’ and maybe I’m letting him win. If anyone is taking it that seriously, it was meant to be lighthearted and cute and fun and a way to involve him in something that we used to do together so I’m sorry to anyone who takes it that way, but I can solve my own puzzles too.”.

Nintendo

You got a shout out in the secret liners of Taylor Swift’s RED album. Dish! “I cannot say. I’m really proud of her. She’s doing so well, she’s always done so well, she’s just an incredibly hardworking and talented girl.”

Here’s a fan question. What’s your favorite album ever? “Of all time? That’s impossible. I could never. Yeah, I could never.”

What are you going to be doing for the holidays? “I’ll be with my family up north, a big family reunion. Playing games and staying up late.”

What about future movie roles? Are you reading scripts right now? “Totally. There’s a couple things in the pipeline — it will depend on timing and scheduling and stuff like that, but there’s some very real possibilities. I’m lucky and I just want to keep on working.”

Sarah Hyland Talks About Nintendo and Girl Gamers

Tagged: , ,

Previous Post robert-pattinson-volvo-alh-111312
What Did Robert Pattinson Try to Steal From the ‘Twilight’ Set?
Next Post Channing Tatum, People's 2012 Sexiest Man Alive
Channing Tatum Named ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ for 2012. Do You Agree?

Comments

27 Responses to "Dianna Agron Talks About Gaming, Glee and Taylor Swift In New Interview (EXCLUSIVE)"

Jessica says:

Absolutely love Dianna. So proud of her accomplishments. She is a fantastic woman and roll model for all of us.

chia says:

Dianna is adorable, educated, talented and so beautiful. Excellent interview. Proud to be his fan.

katie says:

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, i can’t wait to see her in future roles. i want to see her in a romantic film set in the , 40′s, 50′s, 60′s or 70′s and even a soldier movie would be nice. Dianna in Camouflage. amazing

Monique says:

I love Dianna so much, she’s so talented and such an inspiration. Loved this interview !

Kevin says:

I hope she does an action movie next. She can be very badass.

L says:

She’s perfect

Nfe says:

She’s a big fan of Besson like me, cool! I can’t wait to see her on the big screen with De Niro and Pfeiffer, not going to lie this movie sounds exciting. So sweet the part about her brother and then her dog, now I wanna see all the cute photos her friend sent her. I didn’t know she was friend with Taylor Swift, ha! Nice interview, she always comes across like a very cool girl. Can’t wait to see Quinn on glee again. :)

nf says:

Nfer says:

Cindy says:

What a wonderful interview. You asked all the right questions and got some really honest, fun answers. I can’t wait for Malavita! I look forward to Quinn returning for more episodes since I miss her so much on Glee. I love the questions about her personal life such as her pet and friends. Most of all, I will be keeping fingers crossed for more great movie roles because this classy lady should be on the big screen!!!

nfe says:

Krystal says:

LOVE DIANNA! Cant wait for Malavita!!

Samantha says:

Aw, her dog Arthur is soo cute! I love her Nintendo ads. She’s so pretty, I look up at her. She’s very talented but I miss Quinn on Glee :(

Aly says:

She is so adorable! I love her so much! So excited about Malavita and her new
    Proyects

Shimene says:

Amazing interview! You touched all the good topics, including Arthur! Love it! And I love Dianna! She’s so awesome! Can’t wait for Malavita and more Quinn Fabray! =)

alicia says:

great interview, you’re awesome Di!

Sarah. says:

Good interview but you have a typo, it is “artistically” not “artificially”.

Kate. says:

I think there is a typo here. It is “artistically” not “artificially”.

Charleen R says:

Dianna is an amazing role model to so many people in the world. She is very well spoken! I love her so much! Can’t wait until she returns to Glee in 9 days :D And i’m very excited to see her in MALAVITA!! October 2013 can’t come soon enough.

Alex says:

Love it! Love her! Thank you for asking about Arthur and the possibility of her getting involved in new projects!

Paul says:

I love her, so humble and nice. Can’t wait to see her on Malavita and on other projects.

Brandon says:

Although the typo is unintentionally hilariously funny on your part but I think she meant “artistically” and not “artificially”. Otherwise, yes, good interview. Very insightful questions, yes even the dog one, and we got a lot more additional info this time than from her previous interviews, so thanks, good job.

CandelariaO says:

She’s the most incredible girl in the world.

SK says:

I am very proud of the accomplishments she made in her young life, shooting with De Niro /Pfeiffer & Besson must have been a great experience for her as a person and,mostly, as an actress. I love the cute relationship she has with her dog and I really hope those projects become real very soon!! Thank you!!

Rita says:

Perfect! Loved the interviews, nice questions. She’s always so well spoken and cute.