2012 American Music Awards: All the Winners!

by: on | in Music | 17 Comments

ABC

Congratulations are in order for some of this year’s biggest acts: Justin Bieber, Taylor SwiftCarly Rae Jepsen & more won big at the 2012 American Music Awards! But while some artists can revel in their newfound trophies, other favorites — like One Direction! — were left empty-handed. Here were all of the nominees. Check ‘em against the winners list below, then tell us if you agree with the outcome!

P.S. Make sure to come back to Teen.com tomorrow for more 2012 AMA coverage!

Artist of the Year: Justin Bieber
Soul/R&B Album: Rihanna, Talk That Talk
Alternative Rock Artist: Linkin Park
Adult Contemporary Artist: Adele
Artist, Latin: Shakira
Artist, Contemporary Inspirational: tobyMac
Artist, Electronic Dance Music: David Guetta

See Who Stole the Show at Last Year’s Event!

Tagged: ,

Previous Post one-direction-parade-magazine-alh-111612
One Direction Talk About Their Holiday Plans!
Next Post One Direction Take Me Home Album #1 in USA
One Direction Makes History; Hits #1 in the U.S. with ‘Take Me Home’ Album

Comments

17 Responses to "2012 American Music Awards: All the Winners!"

LOVE1112 says:

Justin is too SEXY

lauren says:

i use to hate justin bieber but now i totally love him and yeah he totally desevered the awards and i don’t think 1D desevered any awards they really aren’t that good i don’t know what everybody is upsessing over!!! i mean their ok but really theirt not that good, go JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha124 says:

I love justin bieber and he did deserve to win. I am glad he bet 1D one some of those even though i like 1D. His performance was great.

Bella says:

Ok so the reason why (I think) 1D didn’t win is because the AMA’s are geared toward people in their 15-25′s (males and females). 1D is more for 11-15 year old (girls). So yup. My reason.

Daichi says:

I saw the same thing! some other ppl say the show was on april fools but i still think he is 33. not much of my friends bievele it but you can try to go on google images or something. BUT I SERIOUSLY THINK HE IS 33. I didnt see the show on april fools.

katrina says:

Im sooo mad that One Direction didnt win. wow justin bieber won. you have got to be kidding me.

lauren says:

well sorry miss. Kathrina were not kidding and justin bieber is so much better then 1D they are just so weird and well dont really make any sense so i am very sorry Justin Bieber won and 1D lost!!! fare and square!!!!!!!

Dumex says:

he loves me. Not u guys. Guess wat is gonna be my first kiss.And am in love with him, i even has all his information with me and my betiuufal dream diary which his the only in my diary. so don’t be jealous. i hope he comes to Atlanta quickly. Source(s): i don’t know

Luigi says:

How have these idiots all won prizes? Justin Bieber, prize pillock? Carly I-can’t-even-sing Rae Jepsen? What is wrong with the world today?

cheri says:

I knew Justin Bieber was going to win, but he wasn’t very classy about it. He started his speech with “This is for all the haters out there”. That right there made me not like him. I completely spaced out that the awards were on last night, so this morning I watched it on my DISH Hopper with the PrimeTime Anytime feature. It automatically records the four major networks primetime shows, so I didn’t have to worry about missing it. I was able to see all the performances before heading out the door for my shift at DISH. I thought all the performances were good, and congratulations to all the winners!

Directioner0423 says:

I’m sooo sad One Direction didn’t win anything :( They deserved to win best new artist!

Arte says:

I agree

lauren says:

Are you kidding!!!!?????? 1D so didn’t deserve to win, Justin Bieber is so much better than them they are jut like “uhhh what are we doing? o yeah we are famous! thank you europe!!!!” they are so dumb and well oh i don’t know they cant sing!!! they are a dicrase to the singing world!!!!

olivia says: