10 Things to Know About Singer/Rapper Becky G!

by: on | in The New Star | 77 Comments

iambeckyg.com

You know your life is going places when Simon Cowell takes the time to tweet about you and refer to you as a star in the making. Most of us would dream about this day, but for one 15-year-old from Inglewood, California, it became a reality. Becky Gomez (or just Becky G for short) is a force to be reckoned with. Seriously, she has worked with just about everybody. From opening up Justin Bieber‘s Believe tour to making a music video with Cher Lloyd, Becky’s rise to the top might be shorter than we all think.

Catch Becky G’s “Oath” performance alongside Cher Lloyd on a recent episode of The X Factor and find out more about the rapper’s career and who else she was able to work with below:

1. She knew she wanted to pursue something (anything!) in the music field when she was nine. “It was the one thing that was always there for me. Whether it was hip-hop, pop, country or Spanish music, it just always completed me,” she wrote on her official webpage, iambeckyg.com.

Instagram

2. Her YouTube channel and unreal remix of “Otis” caught the eye of music producer, Dr. Luke, who has worked with Ke$ha, Kelly Clarkson and P!nk to name a few.

3. Becky is featured in Cody Simpson’s single “Wish U Were Here” and joined him on tour with Justin Bieber. Jealous much?

4. Speaking of the Biebs, Becky got his attention when he heard her “Die Young” remix… and called her out on Twitter.

Instagram

5. She dressed up as Minnie Mouse this year for Halloween. Too cute!

Twitter

6. Becky has been good friends with Shake It Up‘s Adam Irigoyen for a while. Check out this adorable throwback pic of the two:

Instagram

7. She’s got a song on the Hotel Transylvania soundtrack called “Problem (The Monster Remix)” featuring will.i.am!

8. If music was out of the question, she’d want to pursue a career in fashion! Loving her fun style, not gonna lie.

Instagram

9. Becky is documenting her rise to stardom by writing a weekly post for ABC Univision.

abcnews.go.com

10. Her debut album is rumored to be dropping in January 2013. Can we wait that long?!

Instagram

Watch Becky G in Cody’s “Wish U Were Here” on Ellen!

Tagged:

Previous Post Suraj Sharma in Life of Pi
10 Things to Know About Life of Pi Actor, Suraj Sharma!
Next Post Max & Charlie Carver
10 Things to Know About ‘Teen Wolf’ Twins, Max and Charlie Carver!

Comments

77 Responses to "10 Things to Know About Singer/Rapper Becky G!"

kanoa mcsweyn says:

hey becky g my phone number is 406-696-2222

kanoa mcsweyn says:

hey becky your so hot

sofy says:

OMG becky g i love your hair so much its so dark i am mexican to i love your hat of mexico on your video of PLAY IT AGAIN i showed all my family your videos they love it i LOVE your song SHOWER because i do the the same thing like sing in shower lol luv ya

karen g says:

wow i love u becky g u are the most awsome person in the world u are a awsome singer every time i hear u sing in your music video it make me HAPPY LUV YA

samantha says:

I really love your music becky g im soinspired by your music. Know what you been through i got bullied in 4 grade thar made me not want to go to school anymore but i didnt give up on myself i keeped on going.Now that im in high school i got choir and im practicing your songs and cher lloyd songs too.I really wish i could meet you in person one day i would love to.

samantha says:

Hey becky g im inspired by your music i been through that in elementary.I been bullied and i met alot of people that are just so mean.Im going through that that we live with our grandma in a small house.I love your music becky g i wish that i could meet you in person one day.

brbric says:

Becky G is perfect . I love you.

katy perry says:

I love you Becky g

Cassie Garcia says:

Becky I love your style and I love your music, I’ve been wanting to be in the music business ever since I was a little girl and right now I’m making my own music and recording. People doubt me and my parents want me to be like them and get a good paying job (doctor, attorney, etc.) but that’s not my dream, my dream is to be heard by millions of people around the world not so I can be well known, but I want then to hear the messages that I have to say, we need music that sends out messages to help change our future and that’s what I’m aiming for. I also sing/rap just like you and I look up to you more than I do anybody else. You’re my inspiration, keep doing you :)

Jeffery Ho says:

I think it’s very good.

ikumi says:

becky G beautful!! but i don’t like Austin…

kyanna says:

Becky g u and Austin would make a good couple and you should com do a concert in htown (Houston) and I’m from Inglewood , california too ”living what you do and I can’t get enough either”.

Xavier says:

Becky G I luv it songs u and Austin should date

Karla says:

Becky I love your songs all of them accept in twitter I love your circle in ur tooth it’s adorable if people think that u should fix it u shouldn’t don’t do what people want u do to it’s your life and you can do anything I love you becky g I’m the biggest beaster when are u going to do a concert in San Diego or Oceanside

Karla says:

Kate says:

Hey Becky g won’t you look cute with Austin Mahone

Jenni says:

I love u becky btw u look cute with austin mahone.

Maria says:

Hello Becky G I ♥ your song can’t get enough! it’s so catchy :D

Ashley says:

Hello Becky G I am So Excited To See You bye commenting you so that all and thank u