Okay, so here’s a face all Gossip Girl fans have seen before. It’s hotpants Trip van der Bilt a.k.a. Aaron Tveit! This actor is starting to make some big moves, but before we get into the nitty-gritty, did you know he started out on Broadway? Some of his theater credits include Hairspray (he was heartthrob Link Larkin!), Wicked and Neil Patrick Harris‘ Broadway hit, Catch Me If You Can. Aaron also auditioned for the role of Finn Hudson on Glee, but we’re thinking his dance moves were too good for Finn’s character. Plus? There probably would’ve been no Monchele if he were cast. Just sayin’.
Aaron will be playing Enjolras in the movie adaptation of Les Misérables out on Christmas Day. Watch the Les Mis trailer below, and scroll on to find out how Aaron pursued acting and what’s coming up for him in 2013!
2. Aside from participating in school musicals and show choir, Aaron played three varsity sports — soccer, basketball and golf. Here he is swinging the bat for a Broadway baseball game:
3. Aaron blew off business school (where he received a couple of scholarships to attend) in order to be a voice major elsewhere.
4. Sophomore year of college, Aaron almost auditioned for the second season of American Idol, but he wasn’t allowed to miss rehearsals for a show he was doing in school. We think he would’ve made it. What about you?
6. He opened up the 63rd Annual Tony Awards with a song called “I’m Alive” from Next to Normal.
8. Aaron played America Ferrera’s boyfriend on an episode of Ugly Betty…
9. …and James Franco’s love interest in Howl. Later on, Aaron confessed that Blake Lively was a better kisser.
10. What’s upcoming for this hottie? He’s going to be playing Michael Warren in a new USA show called Graceland due out in the summer of 2013.