Happy birthday, Taylor Swift! The singer just turned the ripe ol’ age of 23 (and her 23rd music video‘s set to come out today, aww!). So of course we’re going to celebrate like we usually do on the best celebrity birthdays. What did we pick for Tay? Her top 13 (’cause she’s born on the 13th & it’s her lucky number, duh!) signature moves & looks. Join us for the ride, then make sure to leave her a bday note in the comments or on our Taylor Swift message board!
1. Red lips. It’s extremely rare for her to not rock the shade. (See here for the, like, one time she didn’t have lipstick on.)
2. Writing song lyrics on her arm. (Or her lucky number, 13.) It’s not because she forgets them while she’s performing (since they’re usually not even from her own songs); it’s because the words help her through tough moments on stage. Aww.
3. Curly hair. Prior to 2012, T.Swift was all about her spiraled golden locks. So what if they’ve been extinct in recent months? We still know her for ’em. Especially the ones on her Fearless album cover — they were perf!
4. Dating. Harry, Conor, Taylor, John, Cory, Lucas, Joe, Jake… Shall we go on?
5. Gold sparkles. Sometimes silver, but otherwise gold.
6. Her dance skills. No one ever said it was her strong suit.
7. Polka dots. We think it’s safe to say she’s kinda into ’em.
8. Instagramming Meredith. Cutie!
9. Love. Let’s go through all of her titles and lyrics that aren’t about Prince Charming and/or heartbreak… We’ve got nothin’.
10. Toeing the line between country and pop music. Does “I Knew You Were Trouble” sound like country to you? Prob not. But we bet she’ll still be nominated for all those music awards.
11. Oxfords. For a girl that could afford her share of Jimmy Choos, or even Manolo Blahniks (a la Carrie Bradshaw), she sure loves herself a good pair of these everyday shoes.
12. Calling people out via her music, obviously. There’s no way she could’ve said the “Innocent” words to Kanye West‘s face. Or the ones from “Better Than Revenge” to Camilla Belle.
13. THIS! After six Grammy Awards, 11 American Music Awards, 13 BMI Awards and whatever else, we think it’s safe to put away the shocked face. It’s still a classic, though.