by: on | in Celebrities | 11 Comments

lady-gaga-kelly-osbourne-alh-011013

Wenn

Lady Gaga is once again speaking out about bullying. The “Born This Way” singer recently penned an open letter to E!’s Fashion Police star Kelly Osbourne about comments she made regarding Gaga’s fans to Fabulous magazine. According to Kelly, who has struggled with weight her entire life, even though Kelly is the slimmest she’s ever been, Gaga’s fans continue to call her “fat” and tell her that she “should kill” herself.

This caught Gaga’s attention, and compelled her enough to write a very long, thought-provoking response. Gaga does apologize on behalf of her fans, saying, “I cannot control my fans, and I discourage them from any negativity and violence, because that is wrong and hurtful — and I do feel baldy that your feelings were hurt.” However, Gaga continues to point out that Kelly makes a living off judging others – specifically celebrities — on their appearance.

“I have empathy for you Kelly, but I feel it culturally important to note that you have chosen a less compassionate path. Your work on E! with the Fashion Police is rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another. ‘Appearance’ is the most used reason for bullying in the world. Your show breeds negativity, and over the years has even become comedic in nature. It glorifies you and Joan Rivers pointing in the camera, laughing, and making jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals.”

Gaga continued, urging Kelly that she didn’t write the letter to “take a crack at [her] character,” but she wants Kelly to “take responsibility and accountability for the example that [she is] setting for young people.” Finishing the letter, Gaga writes, “PS. And to any media or celebrities that happen to find this letter in their path, I hope you, too, consider the power of your voices. Lets work together and make 2013 a year of unity.”

To read the message in full, click here. What do you think about Gaga’s message to Kelly? Too much? Or was it deserved? Start the debate in the comments.

Teen Reader Shares Their Story About Being Bullied

Tagged: ,

Previous Post justin-new-music-alh-011013justin-new-music-alh-011013
Justin Timberlake Announces New Music Is on the Way
Next Post Cody Simpson Birthday, Shirtless Beach Picture
16 (Hot) Pics of Cody Simpson Being a ‘Super Beach Kid’ for His 16th Birthday

Comments

11 Responses to "Lady Gaga Pens Thought-Provoking Open Letter About Bullying to ‘Fashion Police’ Star Kelly Osbourne"

cassandra says:

I agree with Lady Gagag 100 percent! She dint tell her fans to call Kellly fat, and frankly i am tired of Kelly Osbourne always playing the Victim card, especially with issues regarding her weight! Dint she call Christina Aguilera fat on one episode of Fashion Police? Many people call Kelly fat, Gaga’s fans should not be singled out, besides like lady G rightfully said, Kelly calls people out on their appearances professionally for a living, so she shud suck it up and stop complaining. I watch fashion police and even I kno dat they do pick on celebrities aside discussing their fashion! Boohoo kelly!

carly jame says:

I stink of pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;]

carly jame says:

I agree with janka hermanowska exacally

janka hermanowska says:

that does not look like lady gaga lady gaga looks more weirder than that lady gaga has the weirdest clothing in the universe hahahaha ;]

Marie says:

But Fashion Police is essentially bullying celebrities, in every sense of the word. I’m not a Gaga fan but I disagree with the concept of the show. Just because it is Kelly’s job to be mean does not make it okay or the right thing to do. I think calling Christina fat and making fun of her on public television falls squarely into the category of “bullying”. It does not matter that Kelly is paid to critique other’s fashion (not body mind you), it makes it that much worse that she is paid and expected to say mean things. Fashion Police has become an avenue where the four panellists basically tear apart other celebrities, they don’t merely criticise clothes/make-up, I’ve heard them call Anne Hathaway dumb, heard them bash Lea Michelle for being too snobbish, heard them make fun of Jennifer Aniston for being single, heard them talk about actresses virginities for goodness sake. I’ve officially stopped watching it because I’ve realised how downright mean they are, though I’m not a fan of any of the celebrities I just mentioned, I think it is truly terrible to criticise someone’s lifestyle/weight/personality and then claim that it is just for laughs. I don’t think the people being criticised find it very funny, and neither do I.

kelly says:

she did not deserve it because that is not what they do on fashion police they are also saying nice things about people and they arent judging they are just giving an opinion

123456789 says:

I think she deserved it.

joyeux nouellle says: