We know that The Twilight Saga is one of the highest-grossing franchises of all time, but Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have the distinct honor of officially being the highest-grossing on screen couple. Forbes released their list of movie couples that made the most money over time, and good old Robsten tops the list at $1.17 billion.
They do have a bit of an unfair advantage considering they starred in five different movies together, but we’ll let that slide. Not to mention, they’re a couple in real life that the world has fallen in love with. Robsten gave some stiff competition, as their closest competitor made a measly $125 million. Though that’s still nothing to scoff at, it’s certainly not even in the realm of how much Edward and Bella scored.
Besides Rob, only one other actor (Channing Tatum) has the distinct honor of being place on this list not once, but twice. Also, another one of Hollywood’s favorite couples in real life made the list as well, but their flick didn’t rake in nearly the amount that Robsten did. Another fun fact, romance author Nicholas Sparks has quite the monopoly on the genre, as four of his films made this list, accumulating in a total of $328 million.
So, who were some other on-screen duos who made the list? Check out the full list below.
2. Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams in The Vow (2012) – $125 million
3. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler in Just Go With It (2011) – $103 million
4. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth in Sex and the City (2008) – $95 million
5. Julianne Moore and Steve Carrell in Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011) – $84 million
6. Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum in Dear John (2010) – $80 million
7. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher in No Strings Attached (2011) – $71 million
8. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth in The Last Song (2010) – $63 million
9. Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling in The Lucky One (2012) – $60 million
10. Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson in Water For Elephants (2011) – $59 million
Did any of your faves not make the list? We personally can’t believe The Notebook didn’t make the cut. Tell us your thoughts in the comments.