Even though Fifth Harmony finished third overall behind winner Tate Stevens and runner-up Carly Rose Sonenclar on The X Factor, it doesn’t at all mean success won’t come knocking on the girl group’s door — because it already has! Now that Dinah Jane Hansen, Lauren Jauregui, Ally Brooke, Normani Hamilton and Camila Cabello scored the coveted record deal with Syco Music and Epic Records, we thought it was the perfect time to properly introduce you to the ladies. For those of you who don’t know, Fifth Harmony was put together as a fivesome during boot camp (like One Direction!).
Read on to see what Normani was involved with prior to singing, which member lives with an enormous family and whose dream to sing with Demi Lovato came true:
1. Ally, nicknamed the group’s ‘little big sister,’ is a huge Ed Sheeran fan. Huge.
I ADORE Ed Sheeran…every time he comes on, or every time I hear him, I get the biggest smile EVER
2. The youngest member of the group, Dinah Jane, is of Tongan and Polynesian decent.
3. Lauren sang the National Anthem in front of her entire school when she was in 5th grade. That takes guts.
4. Before embarking on a music career, Normani was an acclaimed dancer and gymnast when she was younger. Also, she did tons of modeling for print campaigns! She’s totally working it in this Georgie Girl Dance Catalog in 2009:
5. Camila, known as the goofball of the group, actually goes by her middle name. Her full name is Karla Camila Cabello!
6. Ally has an adorable dog named Zoey.
7. Dinah Jane lives in one house with over 20 family members, including aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers and sisters. WOW. Imagine having this kind of support on a daily basis:
8. The girls got to hang backstage with One Direction during the boy band’s guest performance this season. Here’s Lauren hanging out (and keeping her cool) with Harry Styles:
And Zayn Malik… and Niall Horan (sort of):
9. Normani is currently dating Arin Ray, a fellow X Factor contestant.
The X Factor Alum Emblem3 Gets Signed!
Spread the Word