When Tyra Banks tells you that you should pursue acting, you take her advice and run with it. That’s exactly what happened to Analeigh Tipton when she was eliminated in the third place position on cycle 11 of America’s Next Top Model in 2008. In addition to starring in the 2011 hit rom-com Crazy, Stupid, Love., now, Analeigh is slated to appear in four movies this year including Two Night Stand with Miles Teller, One Square Mile with Cam Gigandet and the zombie apocalypse film Warm Bodies alongside Teresa Palmer and Nicholas Hoult.
Analeigh is playing Nora in Warm Bodies (out Friday, February 1!), who is best friends with Teresa Palmer’s character, Julie. In the movie, Julie falls in love with a zombie boy, R, but you know that already from watching our exclusive set visit!
Find out more about Analeigh’s childhood, what her first official acting gig was and what she’s working on for the future:
1. Analeigh (pronounced Awn-ah-lee) Tipton originally hails from Minnesota, but spent most of her childhood in Sacramento, California.
2. Here’s a Cover Girl commercial she nailed for ANTM, which lead Tyra to believe she would be a great actress:
3. She started ice skating at eight-years-old and competed in two U.S. Junior Figure Skating Championships before retiring when she was 16. In this deleted scene from ANTM, she teaches her fellow models the basics:
4. When Analeigh was three, she had an unfortunate collision with a swing on the playground resulting in a scar on her upper lip.
5. Her first acting gig was a cameo in The Big Bang Theory alongside fellow ANTM alum Samantha Potter.
6. She played Jessica in Crazy, Stupid, Love alongside Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling!
7. Ironically, she played a character named Ana Lee in The Green Hornet. The role was originally called ‘Hot Chick’ but was changed to Ana Lee by the director when he overheard her correcting Seth Rogen on the pronunciation of her real name. He wanted to include it in the movie!
8. She has two dogs — an Australian shepherd named Tomahawk and a cocker spaniel named Matilda.
9. She moved in Los Angeles in 2006 to be a writer, and is currently working on her very own screenplay.
10. Upon moving to New York for the first time, Analeigh’s airline lost her luggage on the flight over… containing her entire wardrobe. OUCH.