Miriam (Mim) and Olivia (Liv) Nervo were only 18 when they were signed with Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Since then, they’ve been all over the electronic-dance music (EDM) scene and performing shows in clubs around the world. They even wrote the Grammy award-winning song, “When Love Takes Over,” performed by David Guetta and Kelly Rowland. Now, with their own newest song, “You’re Gonna Love Again,” the Australian twins are about to be all over the music scene this year.
1. Mim and Liv both started their careers as models in Melbourne, but have been writing music together since they were 10 years old. They said that they still get approached for modeling jobs a lot, but they want to stick to music.
2. They opened for Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj on the Femme Fatale tour last year.
3. Mim’s special talent is sleeping. “I can sleep standing up. On airplanes, busses. Get me into anything moving and I will sleep.”
4. The girls recently signed a deal with COVERGIRL and did an adorable nail polish ad with them!
5. They both said that if they could take any type of college class, they would want to take a mediation class so they could sleep and still be in class at the same time. Clever girls!
6. The twins have been on tours that travel all over the world. They’ve been to Germany, Barcelona, Brazil and South Africa, just to name a few. We only wish we got to travel around the work and get paid for it!
7. Their New Year’s resolution is to learn Spanish! Brilliant idea for a resolution!
8. They have the most adorable puppy in the world! They rescued Molly from a shelter in Melbourne. Aww!
9. The girls have admitted to having a huge crush on the Perks of Being a Wallflower star, Logan Lerman.
10. The girls absolutely can’t live without their laptops; face wipes and eye masks while they travel around the world on tours!