REPORT: Ariana Grande and Boyfriend Jai Brooks Split Up

by: on | in Celebrity Couples | 13 Comments

Instagram (@arianagrande)

Instagram (@arianagrande)

Although they shared what appeared to be a picture-perfect relationship, Ariana Grande and boyfriend Jai Brooks have reportedly called it quits after less than a year of dating.

The Victorious star’s rep confirms the break-up exclusively to Just Jared Jr., stating: “The distance played a major role as it was hard to maintain a relationship so far away. They remain close friends.”

It seems like only yesterday we were introduced to Ari’s 17-year-old Australian beau from YouTube comedy group The Janoskians (an acronym for Just Another Name of Silly Kids in Another Nation). Though some say they became a couple as early as last summer, it was their publicized New Year’s Eve midnight kiss that solidified the fact that they were an item to fans. In better times, the two were ever so adorable as they made videos of doing each other’s makeup. Yes, even Ariana did Jai’s beauty look, eyeshadow and everything. (Watch here and here.)

Now, Ariana’s keeping busy filming Sam & Cat, the spin-off/crossover series of Victorious and iCarly, alongside real-life best friend Jennette McCurdy. The Nickelodeon show is set to premiere on the network this spring.

Arianators, how are you feeling about the split? Do you think her and Jai will get back together in the future? Or can you picture her with someone else? Leave us your thoughts in the comments!

Ariana Grande: The World’s Biggest Sourpuss?

Tagged: ,

Previous Post celeb-couple-gifs
Squee-worthy Celebrity Couple PDA Moments — As Told in GIFs
Next Post nicholas-hoult-jennifer-lawrence-reunite-alh-022713.
Five Reasons Why Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult Need to Get Back Together

Comments

13 Responses to "REPORT: Ariana Grande and Boyfriend Jai Brooks Split Up"

olivia says:

they are still together people are just jealous because the aren’t as pretty as Ariana and yes I agree that Mac Miller and Ariana should be together but I think her and Jai
    are cute together

shanta says:

I think there such a beautiful couple I think she should be with mac Miller too

casey taylor says:

I think they really like each other because need to call me to help them out.

Christina says:

Guys , They Are Still Together . They Love Each Other And Jariana Isnt Over . As A Janoskianator , I Know This For A Fact

Jess says:

I think her and Mac Miller look super cute together. and their music video solidifies that.

kamalani mansinon says:

her and mac miller need to be together she needs to get that not like she never did lol

Emily says:

It’s sad that they’re over, but i’m glad they’re still friends haha.

Jessica says:

Hurts to know they’re over. Saw Jai’s tweet about it to a fan :/ they still love each other. I feel like this is just temporary I guess

Darrenlyn says:

OMFG. This sucks! I was really rooting for them. Aww they were too perf. @truelyfakelove

Christina says:

Love the janoskians lol:D

Lily says:

I am sorry but I doubt Jariana is over. Those pictures of Jai commenting on facebook are fake because his profile picture is still Ariana and him! Plus he flew out there to spend Valentines Day with her. AND James posted the Keek of them at her place. If they are over, I still respect them both and love them and always will but nothing adds up.

Daniel says:

I follow his Instagram he just posted a picture of them kissing I’m so confused.