Taylor Swift to ‘Vanity Fair:’ “Since 2010, I’ve Dated Exactly Two People”

by: on | in Celebrity Quotes | 12 Comments

Big news, world! While Taylor Swift is known for airing her dirty laundry via song, she’s not as wild and free in the dating department as some may claim. In her latest interview with Vanity Fair, the cover girl says, and we quote, “If you want some big revelation, since 2010, I have dated exactly two people.”

Taylor Swift, Vanity Fair April 2013 Cover

The magazine suggests that Taylor is referring to her most recent relationships with Conor Kennedy and Harry Styles. And those other names popping into your head — Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, John Mayer, Cory Monteith, Jake Gyllenhaal (just to name a few) — they’re all from 2010 and prior. So basically, all of Tay’s ‘love’ songs are from relationships that existed before she turned the legal age of 21.

The revealing interview continues with T.Swift discounting that she’s boy crazy: “For a female to write about her feelings, and then be portrayed as some clingy, insane, desperate girlfriend in need of making you marry her and have kids with her, I think that’s taking something that potentially should be celebrated — a woman writing about her feelings in a confessional way — that’s taking it and turning it and twisting it into something that is frankly a little sexist.”

For more of Taylor’s revelations, including her thoughts on Tina Fey and Amy Poehler‘s jab at the Golden Globes, visit VanityFair.com or pick up the April 2013 issue of Vanity Fair on newsstands. What are your thoughts on the interview? Do you think it’s fair that the media portrays Taylor as a serial dater? Tell us your thoughts in the comments, or on our Taylor Swift message board!

“I Knew You Were Trouble” (Goat Edition)

Tagged: , ,

Previous Post Taylor Swift, InStyle UK Magazine April 2013
Taylor Swift on Her Exes: “They Can Write Songs About Me”
Next Post amy-poehler-taylor-swift-alh-030513
Amy Poehler Responds to Taylor Swift’s ‘Hell’ Comments in the Most Perfect Way Possible

Comments

12 Responses to "Taylor Swift to ‘Vanity Fair:’ “Since 2010, I’ve Dated Exactly Two People”"

Yuting says:

harin tiimee lag n ara yu yum be taoylr swiftig lg geh yum bol miley rihanna beyonce nicol megan fox bol buur gaihamshig boloh baih ed naraas iluu natalia portmen ntr bol bur shiusaqn tenger boloh yum bainal dA

Emily says:

*You’re

Jessica says:

She should be able to do what she wants without being scorned by immature people. She’s definitely telling the truth, but so what if she isn’t? I’m proud to say I love Taylor Swift and will always support he.

Alex says:

She’s a 22 year old girl. She SHOULD be dating. So what? Okay, she writes song about guys she dated, Lil’ Wayne wraps about chicks he’s slept with and drugs he used. I don’t see people hounding him about it. In fact, he’s practically revered for it. But because Taylor’s a young female pop star, she’s portrayed as a slut who sleeps with guy after guy and then writes a song about them to intentionally hurt them. The people who should be scrutinized are the ‘journalists’ who refuse to allow her ANY privacy. And furthermore, if you don’t like Taylor Swift or her music, DON’T READ ARTICLES ABOUT HER! DON’T LISTEN TO HER SONGS! DON’T SHOVE YOUR OPINIONS DOWN OUR THROATS. What do YOU gain from it? Honestly? All in all, leave the poor girl alone. She’s 22 and probably has trouble trusting men being famous and wealthy in Hollywood and … COME ON! SHE’S 22! She’s doing what she’s supposed to be doing: Dating. If she were to go and marry a guy, everyone out there would be saying that she was rushing in to it and she’s too young. She obviously hasn’t met the right guy. Hop off it, guys. I don’t see why it’s newsworthy. If we’re gonna start examining the relationships of the stars, let’s start with Rihanna and Chris Brown. You know, the woman who went back to the guy who beat her and the woman abuser…

Ana Barrios says:

Taylor doesn’t need to date a guy who cheat on her and break her heart. I think she wants to be single.

Ana Barrios says:

Taylor doesn’t need to find someone in her world yet, I think she wants to stay single and not date guys who whether cheat on her, or break her heart again.

Marie says:

Taylor, you’re sweet and smart but….no one cares.

Kim Buus says:

Dude okay This is just prof the Taylor has only dated 2 guys in 2 years that is like saying if you date some guy and break up then the next year you find some one else then people say like “Wow date 20 guys in 1 year God whore slut” I mean WOW I knew Harry did some thing to make them split I mean yes I like Harry he cool but what he did No. Lost some respect dude I am still a Swiftie and a directioner. I love them both dearly I am just going with Taylor She has been around longer I have loved her longer people dis her for dating 20 guys a year if she even hugs them its like they just made out. So I am going For Taylor she is amazing! :)

Abi says:

I’m sure all of Taylor’s fans know this; from this interview, it’s clear that all of these claims get to her and bring her down. Everybody who follows Taylor knows that she has only dated two boys since then, and why shouldn’t a 23-year-old date people? She’s not old enough to settle down yet but she’s getting there and, of course, she should be looking for someone who be okay to commit to! Is that not what dating is for? Getting to know someone and seeing if there could be a future?

I’m glad she’s finally opening about these claims; hopefully she’ll be able to put a stopper on (most of) it.

Also, how beautiful does she look on that cover? :)