Despite our love/hate relationship with Glee, we’ll always consider ourselves Gleeks. After the “Guilty Pleasures” episode, our feelings are leaning toward the middle of the spectrum. Some of the events were just not okay, like Rachel not completely flipping out on Brody. Hello, he’s a male hooker! Instead, she’s just like, “Yeah, it’s over. Meh.” Did she not think of the health concerns?? Girl needs to get a hold of herself. Besides that, we’re not totally sure New Directions — or the producers of the show — know what ‘guilty pleasures’ means…
1. Wham! “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” is one of the duo’s cheesiest songs, but to call Wham! a guilty pleasure’s a little bit… rude, almost. Just our opinion though. Probably because we’re obsessed with “Last Christmas.”
2. Barry Manilow. ”Copacabana” is the party song. If appreciating Lola (who was a showgirl) and Rico (who wore a diamond) is wrong, we don’t wanna be right.
3. Phil Collins. Umm, he’s Lily Collins‘ dad therefore he’s wonderful.
4. Spice Girls. We’ll say this as calmly as possible… SPICE GIRLS IS NOT A GUILTY PLEASURE!!! No one under the age of 40 should be ashamed to say that she’s into the British fivesome. Especially a bunch of teenagers. Like, ‘who do you think you are?’
5. ABBA. Or moreso Mamma Mia! Not seeing the translation here. Is it a guilty pleasure because of its Broadway musical status?
Guilty pleasures we’re willing to accept as actual guilty pleasures:
Kurt’s Richard Simmons workout
Jake’s love for Chris Brown and Bobby Brown tunes