Zendaya Coleman Pens ‘Between U and Me’ Tween Book

by: on | in Celebrity News | 22 Comments

Twitter (@Zendaya)

Twitter (@Zendaya)

She championed the world of television on Shake It Up!. She’s killing it with her moves on Dancing with the Stars. Now, Zendaya Coleman is ready to take on the honor of becoming a published author.

Earlier this week, the 16-year-old actress/singer/dancer announced her book deal with Disney Publishing Worldwide, starting with her first novel, Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence. She says, “The tween years can be really fun and exciting, but they can also be a tough time in a girl’s life. You’re just finding your voice and personal style. There’s a lot of drama in relationships with other girls, parents, siblings, teachers, and boys… I hope this book will help girls through the tougher parts of the tween years and help them appreciate the fun parts.”

Although her statement’s new, she’s actually been involved with this project for some time:

She’s in good company in this undertaking as SIU! co-star/BFF Bella Thorne struck a book deal of her own last month with Autumn Falls, a YA series based on the life of a 14-year-old girl whose life is transformed after an encounter with magic.

What do you think of Zendaya’s latest move? Will you pick up Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence when it hits store shelves? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

EXCLUSIVE: What It’s Like to Work with Zendaya

Tagged:

Previous Post Taylor Swift Rhode Island Mansion, Beach House Stalker Arrested
Man Arrested After Swimming to Taylor Swift’s Rhode Island Beach House
Next Post Jon Bon Jovi London Evening Standard Interview on Justin Bieber
Jon Bon Jovi Slams Justin Bieber for “Disrespecting” Fans

Comments

22 Responses to "Zendaya Coleman Pens ‘Between U and Me’ Tween Book"

jaheim says:

sup

ZendayaLover26 says:

Well I think Zendaya is amazing and She is too good for Disney. Disney Channel starting to suck. They put to much pressure on there actress and actors. They want them to become like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Bridget Mendler, Hilary Duff, China Anne Mcclain, and Miley Cyrus. People who have good publicity and even a little bad (no offense Miley ). They want them to become stars and so they can take credit for it. I bet 1 day Zendaya is going to become a famous star on the top of the charts And Disney could not say A thing. You go Zendaya remember you have a #1 fan!!!!!!!!! #putthatsongonreplay

zendaya 2000 says:

shes a very inspirational person with great quality’s. So i’m almost 100% sure her book will be great and Disney is as good as it use to be but its not completely terrible. I think Disney is still pretty good. I can’t wait to get zendaya and Bella throne’s book. There two great artist’s.

carly jame says:

i agree with that : )

souleima says:

JUST LIKE BELLA Z IS GONNA BE AN AUTHOR? UMMMM NO. ZENDAYA WROTE THIS BOOK WAAAYYYY BEFORE BELLA DCIDED TO BE AN AUTHOR SO GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT PEEPS. IF U GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TWITER—. @SOULEIMAYAMOUT

Aline 1308 says:

She’s very good

LAILA says:

THIS IS COOL

LAILA says:

I LOVE

OneMysteriousGirl says:

Can we please just go back to the Lizzy McGuire and That’s so Raven days?!

Julia says:

Disney is trying way to hard to make them not be one hit wonders like Demi Lavoto and the Jonas brothers and many more. By adding stress to the teens

Miranda says:

Disney sucks. First they make all of their actresses sing (when they cant – look at Bella), and now making them write books? I’m a young author and I would love to be professional one day, but I can’t because I need to save up in order to publish.

It’s unfair that so many authors have to pay thousands of dollars to publish their book and THEN they become famous, but with Disney, they make already famous people even more popular. It’s not cool that they probably don’t even have to pay – Disney does that for them. Her book is probably going to be crap anyways, if Disney’s the one who edited and published it.

zakiah says:

zendaya is a good actress

13. [...] Zendaya Coleman Pens �Between U {and|plus} Me� Tween Book [...]

Sammy says:

As much as I like her on Dancing With The Stars, I’m probably not going to read her book.

15. [...] in params){qs+=key+"="+params[key]+"&"}qs=qs.substring(0,qs.length-1); document.write(''); })(); See full article at Teen.com var OB_platformType=3; var [...]

Brielle says:

Seriously?!? I am happy that young girls are doing something with their lives, but Disney has been upsetting me. All of a sudden every girl can sing (with autotune), dance (not very well), and now write!

Cady says:

So true! I have to say I really hate this “new generation” of Disney. They have no talent. They cant sing, their acting and dancing skills are normal. And now writting? This is the reason why I stop watching Disney Channel!

Betty says: