Summer is here (well, almost), so it’s time to kick back with some adrenaline-pumping, pulse-pounding reads! What better way to escape the heat than with a trip to a water-soaked post-apocalyptic Manhattan in The Ward, get lost playing The Game in Rush, or hone your survival skills as quietly as you dare with In the After. Here’s a list of fun places you can read your books this season:
1. Your backyard. We all get lazy in the summer, so grab a lawn chair and relax in the sun while in the comfort of your home surroundings.
2. The community pool. You could scope out cute lifeguards while you’re turning the page! Double-tasking at its finest.
3. The mall. Okay, we know the mall may seem like a weird place to read, BUT it gets hot in the summer and malls have great air conditioning!
4. The park. There’s something really peaceful about going to the park and sitting under a tree with a good book. Sigh.
5. The beach. Ever heard of beach reads? They’re a must-have while sitting in the sand!
6. A café. Have lunch and enjoy a good book. Done and done.
7. A hammock. Nothing’s more relaxing than swaying back and forth while enjoying a good novel.
8. A car. For those of you who don’t get motion sickness, that is. Long family car rides in the summer can be extremely boring. Grab a book to pass the time!
9. An airplane. Traveling long distance this summer? Bring your book along and let the time fly by. Literally.
10. On a hike. Up for an adventure this summer? Take a hike up a local canyon and bring along your book. You’ll need to rest at some point.
Now that you know where to read this summer, don’t forget to pick up a copy of The Ward, Rush, or In the After — three exhilarating, action-packed books to read wherever you want! They’ll definitely get your heart racing this summer.