Shailene Woodley Scenes Cut from ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Sequel

by: on | in Entertainment News | 13 Comments

WENN

WENN

Emma Stone admitted that she was ready to duke it out with Shailene Woodley over Andrew Garfield‘s affections in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (as a joke, obviously). And it looks like Emma’s the official victor.

It’s just been confirmed that the scenes Shailene shot for the upcoming sequel — in theaters May 2, 2014 — have been cut from the movie. Instead, her character, Mary Jane Watson, will first appear in the third flick, which is tapped for release June 10, 2016.

Shailene tells EW of the decision, “Of course I’m bummed. But I am a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason… Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing [Mary Jane] until the next film.”

Currently, Shailene’s filming the first in the book-to-movie adaptation of the Divergent series, then she’s soon scheduled to film The Fault in Our Stars alongside her Divergent brother (turned TFiOS lover) Ansel Elgort. So at least she has her work cut out for her.

But what do you think of the latest on The Amazing Spider-Man? Are you bummed Mary Jane Watson won’t grace the screen until the third film? And what do you think about the proposed idea for a fourth flick (due May 4, 2018)? Spill your thoughts in the comments, people.

Shailene Woodley Proves She’s “Very Dauntless”

Tagged: ,

Previous Post Divergent Four Short Stories, The Transfer by Veronica Roth
Veronica Roth Announces Plans for Four New ‘Divergent’ Stories
Next Post Lauren Oliver Panic Movie Deal
‘Delirium’ Author Lauren Oliver’s YA Novel ‘Panic’ Snagged by Universal

Comments

13 Responses to "Shailene Woodley Scenes Cut from ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Sequel"

Ally says:

So I have to wait to see Shailene the Dauntless?
    Bummer in the Summer… At least I can rewatch Divergent to see Tris Prior again, and I’m also excited to see Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace Lancaster in the TFiOS movie! :)

Elle says:

I dont like Shailene and I hate the fact that she gets to take the role of the movies I love. Please, make it stop.

Knowing that she’s Tris Prior is really devastating… seriously.

Domenica says:

Totally agree

Dewy says:

In fact, in recent dacdees the conversation within contextual theology has moved from the old colonial missions idea of bringing a potted plant and putting it in native soil, to bringing the seed of gospel and planting it in native soil, to a more post-contextual idea of learning from the native people ‘what grows there’ and then partnering with them to integrate and advance a new crop. [for more on this listen to the podcast with Randy Woodley]

Violet says:

I really like Shailene! I also don’t think its okay to call her un-pretty. She is a good actress and her resume even shows how good she is.

Violet says:

I really like Shailene! I also don’t think its okay to not call her pretty. She is a good actress and her resume even shows how good she is.

Sammie says:

Thank goodness! Shailene isn’t even pretty… -_____-

Jacklin Updegraft says:

Thank god!!! I hate the fact that she is getting all these movie roles that she is clearly not right for!

Jane says:

YEEESSSSSSS :-D

Anne says:

I think your first paragraph is inappropriate. As a website for teens, you shouldn’t promote rivalries between girls (whether its between actresses or their characters) or claim that there’s a “victor”. Couldn’t you report this without insinuating a rivalry between the two? Besides, Emma meant that as a joke.

Gaby says:

OMG stop overreacting. It is not inappropriate. As a parent, I teach my kids, not some blog or celebrity. Nothing is being promoted here. Just a regular article on a movie. PLUS it is said right there “(as a joke, obviously).” gosh.

Rachel says:

It CLEARLY states that she meant it as a joke.