Ariana Admits She “Was So Unhappy” Filming ‘Victorious’

by: on | in Celebrity Quotes | 10 Comments

It’s an exciting time for Ariana Grande. She’s starring on yet another hit Nickelodeon television series, has a new single on the radio, plus she’s joining Justin Bieber on his BELIEVE tour! So of course Seventeen chose her to be its latest cover girl. See what she says about her on- and off-screen BFF, what it’s like to be in a long-distance relationship, and how fimling Victorious wasn’t all it was made up to be…

Ariana Grande, Seventeen Magazine August 2013 Cover

When asked about her Sam & Cat co-star, Jennette McCurdy, she says, “I am so lucky to be working with Jennette McCurdy. She is a real, genuine, honest person, a good friend, and doesn’t care about all the superficial BS. She’s the most hilarious actress I’ve ever met and I just adore her… I used to watch iCarly and think, ‘Wow, Jennette is such a standout star and so good.’ Now she’s one of my best friends.”

However, working for Nickelodeon wasn’t always rainbows and butterflies: “I worked with someone who told me they’d never like me. But for some reason, I just felt like I needed her approval. So I started changing myself to please her. It made me stop being social and friendly. I was so unhappy.”

Now let’s talk about the really juicy stuff: her boyfriend, Jai Brooks: “Love is a really scary thing and you never know what’s going to happen. It’s one of the most beautiful things in life, but it’s one of the most terrifying. It’s worth the fear because you have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people, and you have memories.”

For more on Ariana’s interview, go to Seventeen.com or pick up the August issue of Seventeen, on newsstands July 2.

Ariana Grande Addresses Eating Disorder Rumors

Tagged: , ,

Previous Post Liam Gallagher, One Direction Interview
Beady Eye Frontman on One Direction: “The Music is $#*t”
Next Post Demi Lovato, Fashion Magazine August 2013 Cover
Demi Lovato Admits She Has Nightmares About Childhood Bullies

Comments

10 Responses to "Ariana Admits She “Was So Unhappy” Filming ‘Victorious’"

Joaquim says:

“All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matetr. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” Samuel Beckett

Cady says:

SEVENTEEN MAGAZINE TWISTED ARI’S WORDS. she said she was bullied on Broadway, not on Victorious!

blair says:

Ariana is over reacting! Victoria didn’t bully her.
    I’m pretty sure it was all for publicity, and beside Ariana tries way to hard to fit in it’s getting very annoying!

blair says:

Ariana is over reacting! Victoria didn’t bully her.

Siobhan says:

It wasn’t even Victoria, it wasn’t even anyone from Nickelodeon, it was from when she was on Broadway in 2009!! She was misquoted, she’s already cleared all this up on her Tumblr!! I don’t know why these sites keep saying this and stir up drama like this!!

Sammy says:

That’s horrible that her Victorious co-stars bullied her.

Gertrude says:

they didn’t bully her she someone did so ………….

Gertrude says:

She said someone on nickoleden not a victorious costar ok they get words jumbled up read before commenting

Lucy says:

She said on tumblr that while she was on broadway she was bullied by someone in the cast