Ryan Murphy’s on the Lookout for Three New ‘Glee’ Leading Ladies

by: on | in Glee Gossip | 9 Comments

FOX

FOX

Come on, you knew this would happen. After the announcement that Amber Riley, Heather Morris and Dianna Agron will not be returning for the fifth season of Glee, the FOX show creators, including Ryan Murphy, are replacing the showrunners with three fresh-faced leading ladies.

According to TVLine, Season 5 will bring “at least three new female recurring characters, including African-American McKinley newbie Ruby, and twenty-somethings Julie and Ryan.” It adds that interestingly enough, the “actresses auditioning for Ryan must be able to sing and play guitar. Potential portrayers of Julie just need to be cute and quirky.”

Harry Shum, Jr. and Mark Salling are also bumped from series-regular status to only occasional guest stars. Meanwhile, Melissa Benoist, Jacob Artist, Becca Tobin, Alex Newell and Blake Jenner have been promoted to full-timers.

Glee, Season 5 premieres September 19. WDYT of the shake-up? Was it all necessary? Who will you miss most? Spill in the comments below, or on our Glee message board!

Psst, we spent an entire day with The Glee Project winner Blake Jenner!

Find Out Which Glee Guy Just Got Engaged IRL!

Tagged:

Previous Post glee-jayma-mays-alh-070113
Jayma Mays Signs On to Star in CBS Comedy ‘The Millers’
Next Post Glee, Season 5 Adam Lambert Casting, Ryan Murphy Tweet
Ryan Murphy Announces Adam Lambert at Part of Season 5 Cast of ‘Glee’

Comments

9 Responses to "Ryan Murphy’s on the Lookout for Three New ‘Glee’ Leading Ladies"

dianna fan says:

How can they be replaced it s just stupid I’m realy hurt how could you ryan

ilovethem says:

Nooooo! They are irreplaceable! You ought to know that :( NAME is not gonna be as awesome as before :(

Matt says:

This is a serious disappointment for me, i was expecting heather and amber exits, but i can´t believe they are kicking dianna out!
    personally she was my favorite character since the first season, i fell in love with her and i thought they would figure something out for her.
    truly amazing the lack of creactivity they are having since fourth season started.
    i love glee and i will always do, but it´s sad how they have managed to tear apart a show so unique and wonderful.
    i hope they loose tons of money this season.

Quinn says:

I love glee no Mattet what but I will miss those characters there’s just not that much for them anymore but I’m hoping britney will be back! But I’m excited for the new characters! I love the old newbies except for unique and kittys ok

Sammy says:

They can never be replaced!

Kira says:

It’s not surprising. Amber has an awesome voice that I will definitely miss but there’s not really anymore more development for her character. Dianna was barely in season 4 anyway. Hopefully she’ll a pop up appearance. As for Heather, I was expecting it especially since she has a child on the way. I don’t know how Santana is going to deal with no Brittney! I’m looking forward to seeing new characters and more of Blake, Melissa, Jacob, and Alex.

Nicole says:

They’re getting rid of all the good characters! This is upsetting!

arianaluvr says:

seriously people! I loved glee, I waited every Tuesday for it to come on. I even had a glee bday party. Season 4 rolled around and it just fAILED losing the best characters wont help. GLEE. IS. DONE

Angryklainer says:

Honestly with the spoilers surrounding season 4 before it started I considered suggesting we all boycott the premiere on tv and maybe it’d get canceled. Maybe we should stage it and it’ll get canceled and the wonderful fanfic writers can fix there mess. I was excited of the possibility of all New York next season so I’m sad they made the newbies that most gleeks hated ugh get rid of them and focus on the core group developed when glee was better in season 2 (that includes blaine like they’d get rid of their cash cow which is why I’m convinced they changed his age to keep him on the forefront seriously I love blaine and darren and all but don’t change his age to keep him on the forefront making you money and breaking up our klaine just to suit your wallets. Hire a continuity team like doctor who has glee