Glee’s Cory Monteith Passes Away

by: on | in Celebrity News | 50 Comments

cory monteith

Credit: FOX

Glee actor Cory Monteith has passed away at the age of 31 according to the Vancouver police. His body was discovered in his hotel room on Saturday. It’s not yet clear how he died, but we’ll update this post when we have more details.

The FOX network and Glee’s producers issued this statement:

“We are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Cory was an exceptional talent and an even more exceptional person. He was a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.”

The Teen.com staff is sending all our  love to Cory’s family and friends, as well as the entire Glee fandom, who we know are hurting very deeply right now. Feel free to share your thoughts and emotions in the comment section below. Please be respectful. Inappropriate comments will be removed.

Tagged: ,

Previous Post Blake Jenner, Melissa Benoist Engagement Rumors
REPORT: ‘Glee’ Co-Stars Blake Jenner and Melissa Benoist Are Engaged!
Next Post Teen Choice Awards 2013: Miley Cyrus, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman, Tyler Posey
Teen Choice Awards 2013: Check Out the Final Wave of Nominees

Comments

50 Responses to "Glee’s Cory Monteith Passes Away"

andrea says:

yes I will miss cory monteith

2. [...] View the Original article [...]

Zora says:

I have so much sympathy for City’s family. I know how they feel. I lost someone recently,too. We all love the Monteith family.

Cameron O'Neil says:

It’s sad that Cory is dead and won’t be on Glee anymore at first I didn’t like the show but after one episode I loved it especially his character and the fact that he had a good heart all the time and willing to do anything for those he loved. He is and always will be an inspiration for others trying to follow their dreams, my heart and prayers go out to his friends, family, loved ones, and Lea who stood by him when things went bad. R. I. P. Cory Monteith.

Andrea says:

Cory Monteith was truly a good man. Yeah, i’m just a Gleek, i didnt meet him or anything, but i felt like i knew him, and through his work in Glee i feel like he has talked to me. The news was truly devastating, and my thoughts and prayers go out to Lea Michele, my role model, and all of Cory’s friends and family. RIP Cory Monteith, you are truly missed.

Isabella says:

I’m so sad to know that he is gone I thought lea hand him were so great together.I’m give prayers to him and his loved ones R.I.P. we love u Corey and lea

Anyanka says:

Was too young to die :((( condolences to the family, Lea and to the entire cast of Glee. RIP Cory

Matildoka says:

I cant belive his dead! Glee is not going to be the same without hem!

Brie says:

I feel so sad;( when I figured out that he had passed away that just made my heart > ?I said to myself woww is it true until I found out it was> I watched glee over and over because I liked how it was:) I love singing im still trying to follow my dreams to become a singer > and the reason I want to become a singer is because I want to be able to get in a glee club :) im holding my head held high just like he did>.> And
    I just wanted to say to Cory’s Family is that how sorry I am that I feel really bad and that let him R.I.P he is in a BETTER place now <333

Kamryn says:

:( Sad. He died sooo young. :(

Vanessa says:

aww that’s sad I what to no what happened I liked him and his singing. Will I feel sorry for the family of Cory’s. We will miss you R.I.P Cory Monteith.

Vanessa says:

aww that’s sad I what to no what happened I liked him and his singing. Will I fill sorry for the family of Cory’s. We will miss you R.I.P Cory Monteith.

lauren robison says:

im so sad he was such a good person inside and out. lea stay strong!!!!!! prayers go out to family,friends and,LEA

kenzie says:

awww how sad :’( R.I.P

Stine says:

So sad! Hope Lea and his family is ok…

Kennedie says:

RIP Cory- my condolences to his friends and family.

Trace says:

So sad! He died so young. Praying for his friends and family.

Desiniya says:

I am very sadden that he is gone i just got the news from my sister this morning and I could not believe it. My thoughts and prayers goes out to Lea,his family and the Glee cast we will all miss you R.I.P Cory you were an amazing actor/singer

Emily says:

It’s so sad. I can’t believe what I just read. Somebody so innocent. He will be missed.
    R.I.P Cory Monteith

Mariana says:

I still can’t believe he died… he was my idol and yesterday i was dreaming of meeting him and now he passed away.. he was so young, he shouldn’t have gone, not this soon… we, gleeks, will forget our talented, funny, gorgeous, perfect boy, that could light up our days with his smile.. he will always be in our hearts, but more importantly, in our souls because even when we die, he will always be a part of us! all my thoughts and prayers go out to uhe marvellous, lovely lea, he’s now looking out for you, stay strong, and to all the glee cast, cory’s friends and family, and to all the other gleeks! we will always love you, “Finn Hudson”! RIP <3

Mel says:

I can not belive he is gone !!!!!!! I send all love hope to his friends and family:) R.I.P

Alice says:

Obviously I didn’t know him personally but I still am deeply saddened at the news and my thoughts and prayers are with his friends, family and Lea. RIP, you were a real talent and will be greatly missed x.

Kari says:

I am shocked at the news of Cory’s death. Such a great actor and singer. My condolences to Lea, Chris, the entire Glee cast and Cory’s family. He will be missed and its such a loss of talent. RIP Cory Monteith