‘The Lying Game’ Cancelled: Will You Miss It?

by: on | in TV | 30 Comments

lying-game-cancelled-alh-071513

ABC Family

Bad news for fans of The Lying Game — the show has not been picked up for a third season by ABC Family. In a message on her Instagram account (via TVLine), the show’s star Alexandra Chando revealed that the show has been cancelled, saying:

“To our awesome #lyinggame fans, thank you for these two amazing seasons. Unfortunately, Abc Family has decided not to bring us back for a third season. We so wanted to do 10 more for you guys! Thanks for your support and keep up with the cast to see what’s next for us!”

In case you didn’t watch, the show centered on a kind foster kid named Emma who learned she had an identical twin sister, Sutton (both played by Alexandra), who had been adopted by a wealthy family. Sutton convinces Emma to switch places with her for a few days so she can find out what happened to their birth mother. However when Sutton doesn’t return, Emma must decide if she will continue to live Sutton’s life, which leads to a flurry of lies.

What do YOU think of this cancellation news? Will you miss the show? Or do you think it’s time they ended it? Cast your vote in the poll, then voice your opinion in the comments section!

Learn More About ABC Family’s New Show ‘Ravenswood’

Tagged:

Previous Post Glee, Season 5 Adam Lambert Casting, Ryan Murphy Tweet
Ryan Murphy Announces Adam Lambert at Part of Season 5 Cast of ‘Glee’
Next Post Disney Channel Original Movie Poll: Camp Rock vs. High School Musical
And the #1 Disney Channel Original Movie is…

Comments

30 Responses to "‘The Lying Game’ Cancelled: Will You Miss It?"

Heather D says:

I loved love The Lying Game and hopefully another channel will pick it up! It’s been done before!. At least they can give all us fans some closure to the cliffhanger that happened at the end if season 2. They ended a great show way too soon!

Lily Hathaway says:

THE LYING GAME IS MY FAVORITE SHOW AND I CRY/GET SO MAD WHEN I EVEN HERE ITS NAME BECAUSE I MISS IT SO MUCH AND GOT NO CLOSURE!!! SOOO EXTREMELY MAD AT ABC FAM…..

anon says:

I MISS THE LYING GAME SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!
    I FEEL AS IF MY INSIDES ARE TEARING ME INSIDE OUT!!!!
    I WANT IT BACK!!!!
    :’(

PatriciaShaughnessey says:

NOOOOO! Bring back the lying game!

Brionna says:

Ughh, I hate that they cancelled this show!! please bring it back , you cant just drop a bomb like that and not tell us what happens?! Everyone follow this link and sign this petition only 1000 more signatures needed… we might can bring it back!! http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/abc-family-bring-back-the-lying-game#share

Also like the “renew the lying game” facebook page

nay says:

omg i hope its not cancelled but they said it was in November i guess its the best show ever me and my older sister watch it all the time on demand since we always miss it

christine says:

Im so upset.i watched the lying game w my daughter every week. We looked forward to actually having a show we both agreed upon and loved.

AmandaG says:

Every girl I knew loved this show, should have canceled PLL instead

Brenda says:

There is a Facebook page dedicated to the renewal of TLG. The founder of the page has been rallying fans and pushing to make the fans demand of the renewal and outrage of the cancellation known. Fans of the Facebook page, “renew the lying game” have been messaging and calling Netflix about possibly picking up the show!!! Customer support seams to be enthusiastic about this and encouraging fans to keep calling to make it happen. Call Netflix, people! And check out the page for updates.

Ashley says:

We should start a petition to bring it back!

Stephanie says:

There is one going on now!!! Check out the face book page called renew The Lying Game and sign the petition on the link posted. Spread the word! Fans are so disappointed.

Marceleine says:

Why would they cancel that show!!?? I LOOOOOOOVED the lying game! The book series is better and the show was reallllly off from the book! It was still great though!

Xoxo M

marlene says:

This is so rediculouse like thats pathetic we didnt even get to see the end results i have really gotten into the fosters but i dont even wanna watch that because im so pissed at ABC family right now!!! #NOT FAIR!!!

kirsty says:

Such a good program. I hate when they dont end it. They could at least left us with one more season or couple of episodes!

Quite annoyed!

McKenzie says:

At least the books will continue

chyla says:

why would they do that. i mean like a lot of TV shows that i love always get cancelled i just wanna scream aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ashton says:

I’m honestly really mad that they cancelled The Lying Game. What was ABC Family thinking?? First they cancel The Nine Lives of Chloe King and now this. It makes me not want to watch their network because they keep canceling my favorite shows. They could at least make a movie or something so the fans can have some closure. Anyways, I hope a different network will pick it up.

Christi says:

Seriously?!?! What the heck?! This show was awesome!! I don’t understand why ABCFamily always goes off and cancels my favorite shows! I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t pick this one back up, surely the ratings were good enough! I am so sad!! (and I’m still ticked about”The Nine Lives of Chloe King” being cancelled too!)

Katie says:

Oh my god, The Lying Game was canceled? Seriously, why? Sorry, but the shows that replaced it aren’t even that good. And on top of that, they cancelled The Nine Lives of Chloe King, which I am still mad about. Ugh, oh my god, I am never watching ABC Family again.

tehilooli says:

OMG totally agree. I cant believe it!! Im still mad about the nine lives of chloe king too… so sad and unbelievable

mmc says:

I can’t believe this!!!! ABC family sucks for this…!! :|

no way! says:

i ant believe they’d just take it off like that! I haven’t even finished season 2 yet, im gonna hate that cliffhanger…

Sammy says:

OMG! This was my favorite show!! I can’t believe they cancelled it! Whyyyy???!!!!

Judy C. Adams says:

I hate that this has been cancelled. It was a good show and now how are we going to find out what happened? Not cool and I hope with enough complaints they will think of doing at least one more season. PLEASE

Lindsay Hillstead says:

I loved this show, towards the end it kinda got a little less interesting, but I am very sad to see it leave. I wanted to see how it would end. I wish they would’ve stopped Pretty Little Liars instead. That show has drug on far too long with nothing answered.

Courtney says:

They do that and i will kill them that show left a giant cliff hanger there is no way although there are some other shows that could go

Maya says:

Right, like if the canceled pll all hell will break loose. but i will still miss this show

MK says:

no resolution or answers? bummer