Stephenie Meyer Says She’s ‘So Over’ ‘Twilight’ — A Twihard Responds!

by: on | in Entertainment | 13 Comments

stephenie-meyer-over-twilight-alh-081413

Wenn

Twihards unite! Could it be, that the time to move on has really come? I for one, was blindsided by this outrageous Stephenie Meyer quote, stated during a recent interview (and have a funny feeling I wasn’t alone). Meyer took to Variety Magazine to say she gets “further away everyday” from the blockbuster franchise that redefined a generation — and might I add, had Stephenie running all the way to the bank.

She went on to say “I am so over it. For me, it’s not a happy place to be.” I’m sorry, WHAT?! Not a happy place to be? This is sufficiently awkward. I was kind of hoping she would rethink the Midnight Sun idea — guess I won’t hold my breath on that one. Stephenie, really? How am I supposed to react to this?

With the recent announcement of Twilight Forever, an entire saga box-set, complete with two hours of unseen footage, I don’t think Meyer could have picked a worse time to break the hearts’ of millions. If you thought I was a mess during the final scene in Breaking Dawn — Part 2, you haven’t seen anything yet. I may need to book a few more therapy sessions to recover from this one.

But perhaps we need to cut the author turned producer a break. She did live in a world of pale vampires, awkward teenagers, and gloomy Forks, Washington for four long years (don’t have too too much sympathy considering the pale vampire was Robert Pattinson… and the awkward teenager, Kristen Stewart…) Maybe Stephenie is simply prepared to take those next vital steps in her career. Venture out in order to create more movie magic, so us fangirls have something to fangirl over. We can’t be 90 years old, and still fawning over Eddie and Bells!

Twi-hards what do you make of all this? I love my Stephenie, and question whether this quote was taken out of context. Or maybe it’s time to turn a page, and put our beloved baby to bed… Start the debate in the comments!

Let’s relive when Lily got to interview Kristen, shall we?

Find Out Kristen’s Next Move!

Tagged: ,

Previous Post Teen Choice Awards 2013: Harry Styles Twerking GIF
Harry Styles Twerks at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards; Ed Sheeran ROTFL
Next Post The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Movie Interview with Cassandra Clare
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Mortal Instruments’ Author Cassie Clare On Her Reaction To The Movie and Jamie & Lily’s Chemistry

Comments

13 Responses to "Stephenie Meyer Says She’s ‘So Over’ ‘Twilight’ — A Twihard Responds!"

Bridget says:

Stephenie needs to put her big girl panties on and get over it. “Boo hoo, they made fun of me.” o_O

Saskia says:

I can’t help but think about how J K Rowling probably wouldn’t say something like this if her life depended on it.
    A novel that has brought an author and their fans so much joy, and has lead to amazingly popular feature films should not be an unhappy place to be.This just fuels the idea that Twilight wasn’t brilliant in the first place, especially compared to other series’ like HP…
    Also it makes Stephanie Meyer look like a douche.

Megan says:

I live in Washington, it’s not that gloomy. Although it did rain today…

Mariela says:

I can’t believe Stephenie Meyer said that!! Its so sad, like she isn’t happy about what she’s done so far.. or at some point kind of regretting writing the twilight saga.

Sammy says:

Why would she say something like that? She should be happy and proud of the Twilight series and how much money she made and how successful she became after it.

Jenny says:

Well, its whatever, the fandom is starting too die off and with the author even trying to back away from the franchise, it seems unlikely that we’ll be seeing anymore of bella and edward. Even though i at least wanted a story with renesmee or maybe leah clearwter(she had alot of potential) but, oh well.

Melissa says:

While it was an awesome series, I can see where she’s coming from.
    “I am so over it. For me, it’s not a happy place to be.” -Stephanie
    She’s been with this series since before 2008, and that’s a long time to hang onto those characters and that plot. I’m sure she’s had a great time with it but after time it can get boring (as hard as that may be to believe) but she probably had to eat, sleep and breath Twilight.

Also, because that’s her big series she may get labeled as just writing teenage romance which is also something that she might not like, because she might want to explore her options and take on new genres and characters. It’s great that she has attached fans but she may want to attract a different fanbase and this is holding her back.

Overall, while the comment came off negative, I don’t think she necessarily meant it that way. She’s just expressing her honest view and I look up to her for that. You really need to think about it in her shoes.

Lauralynn says:

Stephenie started Twilight back in Sept. 2003 because of a dream she had. It was first published in 2005.

Éabha says:

OMG, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I love twilight sooo much, because it got me interested in reading again, and fair enough, it might not be my fave book anymore, but I still love it!

Boobie says:

Well thank God. Face it, EVERYONE hates Twilight and are glad that it’s over. Robert and Kristen have openly stated their dislike for it. And now even it’s own creator realizes how terrible it is and wants nothing to do with it. Good on her.

Brittany says:

Even if everyone claims they hate there are still people who do like it and just to get the record straight twilight didnt get that much hatred after it started getting popular. Kids only bash it because they see their friends do it.Monkey see Monkey do. When you ask people why they hate Twilight its all the same answers.Shame.

Ainsley says:

haha this is so great! Does she have better things to do than chill with Rob and Kristen? REALLY dont think so.

Bella says:

where can i meet this teenager? couldnt have said it better myself!!!