It was a night filled with moments we’ll never forget. No matter how much we would like to. The 2013 MTV VMAs came to Brooklyn, NY Sunday night and there was no shortage of gif-able moments. We watched it and compiled a list of the 10 nuttiest things that went down. This way, you can save yourself a few hours and get back to whatever else you were doing before the world’s biggest celebrities decided to invade your TV screen with a whole lot of crazy.
1. Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez thought it was necessary to coordinate their dress, lipstick AND nail polish color. We get it, you’re best friends.
2. This really disturbing thing happened between Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke.
3. In fact, Miley’s entire performance was a bit of a train wreck.
4. Just ask Rihanna.
5. The Smiths were in shock (note Jaden’s epic face).
6. Taylor decided to mouth “Shut the f*** up” while the 1D boys were talking. Keeping it classy, Tay.
7. And also did this. #notcute
8. Everyone over the age of 23 freaked out when this happened. Everyone else wondered why Justin Timberlake got four middle-aged backup dancers.
9. Ed Sheeran and Ellie Goulding are apparently a thing. But Ellie was quick to tweet deny it.
I love that holding hands with my friends means we’re an item. In that case I am in many relationships. Lover not a hater. #whatthef*ck
@DarrenCriss Not only am I psyched to be at my first #VMAs, but I'm even more psyched it's back in NY- and kickin off in Brooklyn of all places. Let's keep the Moon Man here, @MTV. This is the start of something very cool.