Admit it — you’ve totally gone ‘fangirl’ at least
ten times once in your life. But how far you’ve taken it is an entirely different story. Whether you’re totally cool with seeing your favorite celebrity in the flesh, or freak the heck out when you see the trailer for your #1 book series come to life on your TV set, there are certain levels you should be aware of. Some are perfectly acceptable, while some are, umm, not so much. Here are the 10 Teen.com Fangirl Stages (in GIFs, natch):
1. Discovery. “Hmm, that’s interesting.”
2. Singing along on the radio. Or, if you’re a book fangirl, quoting the novel is about the same.
3. Filling your wall up with posters of whatever you’re obsessing over. (Changing your phone background also equates to this stage.) At this point, you might be all like:
But you’re not crazy, friend. You’re not.
4. Going public with it by wearing related paraphernalia.
5. Picturing yourself with the celebrity/a member of the group/a fictional character from the book/movie/TV show.
6. Updating your social media to reflect your newfound love. (i.e. @MrsMellark)
7. Fan fiction and/or cosplay.
8. Whining as if your faves can hear you.
9. Death threats. NOTE: You’ve officially passed the point of acceptability at this point.
10. TOO FAR! TOO FAR!